PDA

View Full Version : should i pay or should they?

woodsracer144
05-09-2010, 12:48 PM
ok so i work at the HIgh school track meets working the timing system. at the last meet i sat in another teachers chair, its the fold ups ones that have the sleeve and the sling and the chair has the mesh cup holders. well i had my phone in the cup holder cause i was textin a kid i work with about taking a shift for me so i kept it out of my pocket and in the holder the whole meet, it was also an easy way from me to tell time. any ways i have to pack all the timing stuff up and put it away and i got up from that chair for a few mins and that woman had to leave quick and she didnt know my phone was in the pocket. long story short there was alot of phone tag and i finally got ahold of her an hour later and she told me that she had the phone and i could come get it first thing in the morning, i told her i had class untill 10 so i would be there about 1030 and she said ok. so then i go to class that moring get done go to my truck make the call of making sure she would be home and all that and she tells me that she had the phone but lost it, she left it on the counter but its not there and she though one of her grand kids took it. again alot of phone tag and her grand kids swore theydidnt have it when they did cause when they got home she got it from them, so they called a bunch of people with it and were txting with it, i know cause they txted my GF all morning. I was PISSED i would have punched them. and then they changed all the settings, the phone was a 2 for 1 type thing but i still had to pay close to 200 for the phone ( i got it with my sister) so now when i text i dont always get text, the phone freezes and is junk. i can call and talk fine from what i've used it talking but i text more then i talk. so who should have to pay my dad says its my fault cause i didnt have it in my pocket and it never should have happened but at the same time the kids should know better then to take stuff thats not theirs and such so whos wrong?

motofreak2772
05-09-2010, 01:15 PM
It is your fault and should be your responsibility. But if the woman was nice she would pay just because her kids messed it up. If she doesnt come forward and ask to fix it than its your problem.
What is wrong with it exactly, I dont understand. How can you not text. Call the phone company and tell them its messed up they will probably help you out. I dont think the kids could mess it up that bad, like you said it is probably just the settings got changed and that can be fixed by someone who knows how to set it up easily. If you have insurance on it it should be covered, but I dont think the problem is that serious unless there is actual damage to the phone.

woodsracer144
05-09-2010, 01:31 PM
i have a hard time reciving text. she just up and left though didnt tell anyone, i think when your in middle school you should know right from wrong.

the phone also freezes if i have a text and my phone was locked and then i go to unlock it it freezes...

Tommy Warren
05-09-2010, 01:32 PM
get a new phone.....

CJM
05-09-2010, 01:33 PM
your fault unfortunately.

400exrider69
05-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Really there was no harm in woman hqving it but for the kids to get it and lie about it and phone come back messed up.Does make it their fault imo i would bring it up with the lady her kids or grand kids messed with it makes it her fault her problem her duty to make it right. Ive seemed to have alot of problems with people breakin my items before cases phones that sorta things... Just like it used to say in store U Break IT you buy IT

woodsracer144
05-09-2010, 01:41 PM
im not mad at the fact that it was in the chair and she had it, what im mad about is the kids took it and lied that they didnt have it and used it and took picks and were texting my friends and people i dont know, they called the guy i take my truck to, houser, LSR and a few other ATV places cause im sure that they wanted to do prank calls. thats why im upset, and if the kids wouldnt have taken it nothing could have ever happened with it.

motofreak2772
05-09-2010, 05:44 PM
I dont think you would have to pay to get it fixed. Take it to where ever you got it from and ask them what is wrong with it. And if they can fix it. What could middle schoolers have done to it that could mess it up like that? I dont think they are capable of purposley doing that so it is probably something that can be fixed.

woodsracer144
05-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
I dont think you would have to pay to get it fixed. Take it to where ever you got it from and ask them what is wrong with it. And if they can fix it. What could middle schoolers have done to it that could mess it up like that? I dont think they are capable of purposley doing that so it is probably something that can be fixed.

well im sure if it got wet or if they dropped it that it could cause it to freeze.. i dont know im just annoied with the fact they took it and it wasnt theirs... when some one has their car at your place for some reason you dont go and drive it around for no reason why would you piss with someones phone.

SRH
05-09-2010, 10:42 PM
haha im so glad i havent got into using a cell phone for anything other than talking, i see so many ppl i know going thru trauma because they lost or broke theres not healthy

woodsracer144
05-09-2010, 11:02 PM
i can go with out texting its just that its cheaper for me to text most my friends and easier cause we all have class at different times. im just up set cause i have a spender phone and i have it for texting

smr
05-10-2010, 11:40 AM
how well do you know the lady? I would ask for the kids to be punished. If my boy did that he would be washing your quad and changing your oil for the next year....(after he paid you for the phone). Not everybody is like that and it sounds like the kids are being raised not to respect other people.

woodsracer144
05-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by smr
how well do you know the lady? I would ask for the kids to be punished. If my boy did that he would be washing your quad and changing your oil for the next year....(after he paid you for the phone). Not everybody is like that and it sounds like the kids are being raised not to respect other people.

i know her very good, the kids did get in alot of trouble at home so she says, she was a teacher for me in grade school then she retired and now she subs shes very nice. i dont want to a total *** to her but i want my phone fixxed and i dont think it was all my fault, the phone comp. said that i could get a replacement but i would get charged for it cause i have to wait 2 years to get a new phone, well now its a year and a half or so... i dont know what to do, im just upset with the fact they had to take it and piss with it.

CJM
05-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Not that it helps much now, but I ALWAYS buy the insurance for reasons just like you had happen to you.

woodsracer144
05-10-2010, 08:09 PM
yeah, i just found out that her sister was killed on friday night in a drunk driving accdent, i dont know if she was drunk or the person that hit her was.... so this is gonna be hard to lay it to her tomorrow...

smr
05-11-2010, 05:56 AM
That's why I said you should talk to her about helping with the problem. Don't demand money or anything. She should make the kids work for you to pay off the dept. That would be even better than money.

mow the lawn, wash the quad...anything you don't like to do.

smr
05-11-2010, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Not that it helps much now, but I ALWAYS buy the insurance for reasons just like you had happen to you.

I think the insurance is a scam. I had my phone for over a year...paid 6 dollars a month and my phone got destroyed. I had to pay 50.00 deductable, that plus the 6 dollars a month came out to be more than I paid for the phone. The funny thing is the phone store even gave me one to use until I got my new one. They said they do that regardless if you have insurance or not.

I also found out...if you got home owners they will cover the more expensive phones.

CJM
05-11-2010, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by smr
I think the insurance is a scam. I had my phone for over a year...paid 6 dollars a month and my phone got destroyed. I had to pay 50.00 deductable, that plus the 6 dollars a month came out to be more than I paid for the phone. The funny thing is the phone store even gave me one to use until I got my new one. They said they do that regardless if you have insurance or not.

I also found out...if you got home owners they will cover the more expensive phones.

Well better than nothing, otherwise you gotta pay for a brand new phone like 200-300 bucks..

woodsracer144
05-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by smr
That's why I said you should talk to her about helping with the problem. Don't demand money or anything. She should make the kids work for you to pay off the dept. That would be even better than money.

mow the lawn, wash the quad...anything you don't like to do.

better even yet milk the 250 cows i milk from 830 to 1 at the night.

01 400EXer
05-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Can you back up your data and then reset the phone? It may not be able to be done, I am only suggesting it because I can with my phone.

smr
05-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Well better than nothing, otherwise you gotta pay for a brand new phone like 200-300 bucks..

I only paid $99.00 for my phone.

I paid $108 in insurance and another $50.00 deductable..that's $158.00 for a used phone. It's a scam.

woodsracer144
05-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by 01 400EXer
Can you back up your data and then reset the phone? It may not be able to be done, I am only suggesting it because I can with my phone.

not really sure how i would do that and if it resets it like my touch it would clear my whole phone...

CJM
05-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by smr
I only paid $99.00 for my phone.

I paid $108 in insurance and another $50.00 deductable..that's $158.00 for a used phone. It's a scam.

That does suck, I got my first phone for 50. Insurance only runs me 60 a year and the deductible is only 50. They dont give you a used phone either, brand new.

By now im on number 3 (I keep them till they die) and its broken 2x and I was happy with the insurance. Sure beat spending close to 300 for a new one.

Course, its also a good idea to buy them off ebay. They can be activated with no issues usually and you get them for 50 bones or less.

smr
05-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by CJM
That does suck, I got my first phone for 50. Insurance only runs me 60 a year and the deductible is only 50. They dont give you a used phone either, brand new.

By now im on number 3 (I keep them till they die) and its broken 2x and I was happy with the insurance. Sure beat spending close to 300 for a new one.

Course, its also a good idea to buy them off ebay. They can be activated with no issues usually and you get them for 50 bones or less.

now this is confusing me. Why are you paying $60 a year for insurance on something you only paid $50 for? You should run for congress...:D

CJM
05-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by smr
now this is confusing me. Why are you paying $60 a year for insurance on something you only paid $50 for? You should run for congress...:D

That 50 was with discount, phone was normally like 250 or something like that.

By now I have a free upgrade as well but my phone works fine so Im keeping it.

TRXman86
05-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Your fault. Plain and simple. That's why I keep mine IN my pocket at all times. That way the strange ladies chair I was sitting in don't eat it when I leave it where it shouldn't have been left...