PDA

View Full Version : pivot bolt stuck

lon
05-09-2010, 02:17 AM
Hi all, I just want to vent a little. Whoevers idea it was to put sleeve inside the stock swingarm so that it can sieze to the pivot bolt, needs to have their butt kicked. I just spent forever trying to get it off. Not knowing what else to do I ended up cutting one side of the stock swingarm off and cutting one mounting bracket off. Will welding a new bracket back on weaken the mounting area or the frame.
Thanks,
Lonnie

Logan #34's Dad
05-09-2010, 04:37 AM
I feel your pain. I had the same issue recently, luckily I was able to pound it out. You had to go to the extreme.
Just fyi, The 2010 DRR has a grease fitting there.

lon
05-09-2010, 05:10 AM
I bought a used frame because my old one kept breaking. The new one came with the stock swingarm still on the frame, I thought it was nice of the guy to include this with the frame, now I know why he left it on there, lol. I have a +3 swingarm that also has grease fittings and when I took it off the old frame it came right off. I think I'm just about done with these mini quads. I'm tire of all the head aches.
Lonnie

05-09-2010, 06:35 AM
I have a extra bolt to take them out with. Grease your other bolt and whack and pull the other bolt back out lol. They can be a nightmare lol.

lon
05-09-2010, 06:47 AM
I tried that route, I beat the snot out of it. Now when I walk in the garage and look at it, I just want to give up.

05-09-2010, 06:51 AM
What size hammer you using? lol

lon
05-09-2010, 07:24 AM
At the end I actually used a full sized sledge hammer, all that did was bend the tabs out of shape.

05-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Is it still in there? Did you use another bolt to bang it threw the swinger pivot tube?

lon
05-09-2010, 07:35 AM
In a moment of frustration I ended up cutting the mounting tab and part of the swingarm off in order to get it off. I should have just walked away and went and bought an air hammer. Now I have to weld a new tab on, which wouldn't be much of a problem except I don't own a welder so I have to drive to my father-in-laws to use his. I also get to listen to how he would of done it and how I messed it all up .lol
Lonnie

jerkyboy
05-09-2010, 08:15 AM
I take the sleave and drill 3/16 holes in it so when you grease
the outside some grease goes threw the holes putting grease on the bolt also. Never had one get stuck.

05-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Thats a good I deal I like that. Know what im going to do now.