PDA

View Full Version : jet kit ????

wsxpos54
05-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I have an 04 450r with an open air box with uni filter and full yoshi trc exhaust with no baffel. i need to order a jet kit but dont know which one comes with the most main jets and piolets so i can set it up for mx but can switch it back to closed air box when the track is wet. any help would be great

Baileygunns
05-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Get an HRC jet kit... Stay away from the Dynojet kits at all cost.

Wayner
05-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Baileygunns
Get an HRC jet kit... Stay away from the Dynojet kits at all cost.

Why? I use a Dynojet kit without any issues. Kit comes with many different sizes and have proven itself quite useful to me.

If you're going to say 'stay away' from something, please explain.

CRE Performance
05-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Mainly due to the air bleed plug that has to be installed on an 04-05. This is almost impossible to get back out if needed.

#1, the needle that comes with the dynojet kit has a rather stumbulant transition in most geographical areas, and its the only one that will work half way right with the dynojet jets. You would know this unless you have compared this to a bike with factory style jets.

#2 Availability. For those who need something out of the ordinary, it sucks having to order anything other than what comes from a local shop when you need it right then.

Put it on a dyno, you're fuel curve will not be as uniform as a curve found with a Kehin equipped bike. Ive done, Ive tried it, I scrapped the carb because the brass drift wouldnt come back out without alteration to the carb. Not to mention the fact that you can get the appropriate needle and jet needed for less money.

Baileygunns
05-10-2010, 12:36 PM
^^^ What he said.

That bras plug blocks an air passageway making the fuel mixture richer... That's why the use smaller jets in there kit masked with a bigger number. It makes it hard to dial in the carb. If you have your bike tuned correctly you will notice the difference between the Dynojet and a HRC kit... Use a kit that has Keihin jets.