PDA

View Full Version : Whats this in my air filter??

jkiserracing
05-08-2010, 06:09 PM
I went to clean my air filter this morning and noticed the outerwear looks as though it has been wet. I havent been anywhere to get it wet so I cleaned it and filter. Rode today and there it is again. Is this gas? Or oil? What might cause this?

jkiserracing
05-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Upon further inspection just now, definately seems to be gas. Why is this going on?

DnB_racing
05-08-2010, 07:33 PM
could be your valves. did you do any motor work recently? timing will also cause that. it could even be something as simple as exhaust is plugged a little or you lifted you quad on end recently with a dirty carb can be doing this also. so let the forum know some more details and it can be narrowed down better, does your quad back fire at all?

jkiserracing
05-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Ok. Yes did notice some backfiring today.
Motor work done last year but none recently other than re jetting the carb.
I havent had the quad on end recently either.
This morning I cleaned the air filter, my outerwear, air box and boot where the air filter goes in to. When I took off the air filter this evening to inspect , I noticed the gas in the boot area as well.....again.

Baileygunns
05-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Sounds like you're float might be stuck a little. Clean your carb.

jkiserracing
05-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah I was thinking that might be the case too but wasnt really sure. In fact what few answers Ive got here, I was asking around to some of my other riding buddies and everybody has had a different answer. lol. Oh well I'll just try cleaning the carb and see if that does the trick. Probably will.