PDA

View Full Version : 2002 scrambler 90

BuB400
05-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Have a 2002 polaris scrambler 90. If you leave the fuel on it overflows the carb,which is probably the needle and seat. But the quad runs great until half throttle and then seems to flood itself out. It also has an electric choke. Swapped out carbs and it still does the exact same thing. Any suggestions? I thought I read some where that Polaris had major problems with these 90cc carbs.

xtremeatv
05-08-2010, 05:59 PM
All the stock carbs on those machines are junk in my opinion. I have gone through 3 of them and seems like once they stop working they are junk. Mine just did the same thing, idles fine and bogs down about half way. I took the whole thing apart and cleaned EVERYTHING, didnt help. I just ended up changing carbs and all was good.

Im guessing there is something blocked deep withing. Finding an ultrasonic cleaner and soaking it might fix the problem.

xtremeatv
05-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Those electric chokes are unreliable as well, i always pull it off and convert them to manual chokes.

BuB400
05-08-2010, 06:36 PM
What did you have to do to make the choke manual. I haven't looked at it that closely yet. And for changing out the stock carb, did you replace it with a new one, or what did you do for a different carb?

xtremeatv
05-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Actually i know a guy that has the kits to convert it, he set me up, didnt cost a whole lot either. His name is Ivan, heres his website, the number should be on there.

www.artssnowmobileandatv.com

I replaced the carb a few times with stockers but this last time i just threw a 21mm Mikuni on it, rejetted and it seems ok right now. Had to change the intake on it though to hold that carb. I would try an ultrasonic cleaning though first. Most small engine shops have them, shouldnt cost much.

BuB400
05-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Hey,thanks for the help.

myersracing41
06-23-2010, 07:50 PM
A little late, but just pull the carb and take it apart and clean it, they are very simple carbs. Pull the the oil injection off and start to just use a good pre mix, and as for the choke I just unhooked ours. It can sit for a couple of months and I can kick it about 3 times and cranks up no problem. We havent had an issue since removing the oil injection.