PDA

View Full Version : 250EX Mods? Big Bore Kits? Suspension?

eriiqTRX
05-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Hey guys, im trying to look for some serious hop ups for my 2007 TRX250EX.

First off, does anyone know of any Big Bore Kits made for a 250EX? Ive been looking for one but cant seem to find any.
Ive got a good line of choices for exhaust and intake, but im looking for some serious boost here!!!

Also, The suspension needs alot of help!
ive read in a few threads about 400EX and even Banshee shocks being put on 250EXs. Are there any other dif models of quads i can transplant shocks from for mine? what exact years?
Are theyre even any aftermarket A-Arms and shocks made for 250EXs? What companies and where could i find them? i would only be doing desert racing and a bit of MX.

And please dont hesitate to post any other mods that you have done to your 250EXs that have done miracles! I want as much power as i can get!

hondariderdylan
05-10-2010, 10:43 AM
thumper racing makes a 280 kit and powroll makes a 243 kit

the ex and banshee shocks are for a softer rear, not fronts. elka and works both make 250 front shocks, but there kind of expensive.

EDIT: read the performance FAQ at the top, it will answer alot of your concerns

honda2502445
06-02-2010, 02:06 PM
you might wanna try diamond j widening kits its pretty cheap and u can get a kit where u can put in 400ex shocks etc.

hondariderdylan
06-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by honda2502445
you might wanna try diamond j widening kits its pretty cheap and u can get a kit where u can put in 400ex shocks etc.

and there also very, very weak

atvfrk10
06-26-2010, 02:38 PM
they are not weak, honestly, their just as strong as the frame. The only thing that is bad about them is that they throw off alignment as the suspension travels...

hondariderdylan
06-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by atvfrk10
they are not weak, honestly, their just as strong as the frame. The only thing that is bad about them is that they throw off alignment as the suspension travels...

true, the kits themselves may not be weak at all. but they change most of the pivot points on the front end and put it under pressure that it was not designed to withstand. ie: makes the front end weaker than stock.

there is a thread in the suspension and steering thread that covers it.