PDA

View Full Version : ESR "quiet exhaust"

XANDADA
01-30-2003, 01:51 PM
Anyone have a picture of the ESR "quiet exhaust"? Thanks.

XANDADA
02-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Only one way to find out, ORDER IT! Doesn't look too bad, but I think its gonna stick out into the 6pack rack and toast my frosty beverages:huh - hopefully I'm wrong cause it'll have to go.

AndrewRRR
02-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Too bad that silencer is so short :rolleyes:
haha

airheadedduner
02-17-2003, 03:03 PM
I don't like that, it sticks to far out back. I can gurentee first cartwheel it busts. When will someone come up with a solution to us that have to watch our noise outputs??

AndrewRRR
02-17-2003, 03:38 PM
LRD has a hush kit for their silencers that mounts a second silencer to the first one and is mounted crossways under the grab bar (where the taillight normally goes). Oregon dune limits are 93db, I don't know if LRD claims it will make the bike legal or not. It's $100.
Cascade makes a silencer (the CSFX) that claims 93db. They want an arm and a leg, a few ribs and a femur for it though($325 for the chrome ones).
I should probably do something for mine. It's nowhere near legal and the tickets are $175 each.

airheadedduner
02-17-2003, 03:47 PM
The LRD will lower a 350 down to 93dbs and add 2hp to the top end. I don't like how it mounts. It mounts pretty much where the tail light does. I broke off my taillight with my brake caliper so I am a little hessitent in mounting a $100 peice of equip. there.:p

AndrewRRR
02-17-2003, 05:25 PM
I saw that LRD claims 2hp on the top end, although I don't understand how adding another restriction on your exhaust can give you more top end! :confused2 I could understand more torque, but top end? Anyone in here tried the LRD kit? I am going to a CPI pipe so I probably won't be using my LRD exhaust anyway but it would be interesting to find out.

airheadedduner
02-17-2003, 09:11 PM
I don't get it either. I have read though that SX racers use shorter silencers casue it gives better low end. I also have ridden idential shee's with T-5s cept one had a hush kit the other didn't. You could feel the difference. The hush kit equiped one reved better, its hard to dircribe.:ermm:

XANDADA
02-18-2003, 06:36 AM
I really don't like the dual silencer approach that LRD took. The other thing I should point out is that my ESR does NOT have a spark arrestor on it so I may need to fab something if I stick with it. ESR claims minimal power loss with this set-up, less than 1/2HP.

stocktires
02-18-2003, 06:00 PM
Thank the lord!
ESR Finally made a quiet silencer!
I might be getting one and maybe cut it down like 2 inches or so (depending on how it mounts)

AndrewRRR
02-19-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by stocktires
Thank the lord!
ESR Finally made a quiet silencer!
I might be getting one and maybe cut it down like 2 inches or so (depending on how it mounts)

But then wouldn't it be about as loud as the regular ESR silencer? I figured the length was what made that one quiet.

stocktires
02-19-2003, 06:20 PM
just 2" off that one would not be as short as the regular.
Personally I'd buy a quiet and chop it 1-2", and buy a regular and chop it down (for the track).