PDA

View Full Version : Motor mount problem

Outlaw6;=-
05-08-2010, 01:00 AM
I have an 06 500 outlaw and when i took the motor apart i noticed on the top motor mount that it had warn a groove on the clutch side on the head. It seemed that the top mount had been welded in the wrong spot ../shrug. Now i also noticed the front motor mount has been wearing the hole in an egg shape, it also has at least an 1/8 gap on the throttle side and a 1/16 gap on clutch side between the motor and the mount. I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem and found a fix ? thanks for ur help guys.

Outlaw6;=-
05-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Update..!!! I thought i was checking and keeping my quad up to par until i started to tear it down to add upgrades and noticed the top mount head wear!! Well i found out why the top mount has worn on 1 side, the bottom front mount which i don't think was fully tight from the time i bought it wore the hole in an egg shape, more to the clutch side which caused the engine to wear the top mount. SO.. now i am getting the bottom mount machined and bushings installed and building the top mount back to spec which will cost me 250$.
SO... to avoid this pita cost check ur mount bolts and see if they are tight!!! check the front mount and make sure there is no gap between the motor and the frame mounting bracket.