PDA

View Full Version : Cam Timing

hjsmith00843
05-07-2010, 09:22 PM
I installed my stage 1 cam in today and when I fired it up it had no power. I would run but not very good at all.

I installed a sparks key so now I can not use the timing marks on the flywheel.

I did the screwdriver method and I am sure I had it at top dead center. But I can not be 100%. It stays at top dead center for just a a short time when turning the flywheel.

So what is the best option.

Remove the sparks key and put the stock one back in temp. and reinstall when I get it back together?

honda400ex2003
05-07-2010, 09:25 PM
i just took my key out monday, put my stock one in, and put my stage 2 in. I actually had my 3 degree in there so I took that out and after getting it timed put the 6 back in. It was the easiest method imo. I just left it all sortof loose since there is a mark on the case that marks tdc just like the cover does. this way you wont have to put the cover back on in the mean time. you could also just loosen the flywheel, turn it cw and tighten it up temporarily to do it since it would be in th correct position again. then just loosen it up and turn it ccw again to get it back where it needs to be with the advance in it. steve