PDA

View Full Version : WTB HID Conversion Kit

440 bumblebee
05-07-2010, 03:49 PM
I am looking to replace my headlights with HID's does anybody where I can get a set for a decent price? Want to make sure there virbration and water resistant.

Need it for a 400ex.

440 bumblebee
05-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Anybody??????????????????????

ballerchaos
05-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Ok, i've done the conversion on my quad already I use xentec ballast and bulbs in all of my vehicles and in my quad and they work great. they cost about 50 bux for a slim kit which is really easy to install. Ebay Item NUMBER 330403353112 for some reason the links wont work . All i did was zip tie the ballast to the frame through the hol on the ballast and one actually around the ballast and installed the bulbs. from my experiance you need to also purchase and modify a HID wiring harness. HID HARNESS (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/9005-9006-HID-Relay-Harness-Fuse-Wire-Wiring-40A-12V-/170481154824?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b177fb08) You Modify this by extendin the power adn ground wire to reach back to the battery and buy some Wire Loom to protect the wire and then tuck and zip tie on your frame. I did this by cutting the Long wire of the Harness that would traditionally goto the furthest headlight and give power to the ballast. Just cut out a decent amount, reattach the the harness to the ballast plug with heat shrink butt connectors. Them do the same to the power and ground wire to make it longer. Next put terminal connectors to the end of the wire and wait to hook it up to the battery. Next snip the 9006 plug off the harness, its a female connector. and then snip your oem harness and pick a power and a ground, i have mine hook up to the high beam wire since when i tested it it had a lil more current going through it. Now you harness is ready.