PDA

View Full Version : Portland Harescramble 5/16....ya going?

quadscrib
05-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Well are ya? This as always is the season opener and always includes lotsa MX.

wileeviper
05-08-2010, 05:31 PM
You're crazy.:huh Punishing myself for 15 minutes of MX is plenty for me. Thank you. An hour and a half of that is for diehards like yourself. Go get 'em. Take no prisoners :devil:

magna-007
05-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Yup, plannin on being there.

Scrib, got your gear welded up too. Turned out pretty good.

wileeviper
05-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Sounds like you have Bob talked into the harescramble. Yeay! What time do we sign up?

quadscrib
05-10-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm very excited! Sign up\ready to go by 8am is always my goal. Think of it as a competitive trail ride. Your MX skills can be a benfit in this setting young padawan.
Magna if ya can bring that to the Harescramble if ya like. In the meen time I'm on the search for a rear sprocket fer my quad as I've found four missing teeth lol.
I tore Ollies motor apart to put a fresh piston in it and found a cracked piston. Good thing fer checkin it out!
www.portlandtrailriders.com

wileeviper
05-11-2010, 07:25 AM
So you have Bob talked into it. Padawan was planning on doing some video taping and relaxing while you guys all race. :D

kimv
05-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Looks like its going to be a great weekend weather wise, for once!! Have fun and good luck!!

magna-007
05-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Yup Scrib, will bring the gear set to the track for ya.

Is the plan to run 1.5 hour, no parade lap? Or parade and 1 hour?

Got that slipper finally put on JTs DRR.
Cleaned all the surfaces and debured everything. Got probably 6 to 7 threads now on the bigger nut. Torqued to 95.
Rode yesterday and never seemed to spin loose. Crossin fingers!

ScramblerXLE
05-11-2010, 08:27 AM
wait, there's a roll call post here but you guys haven't replied to mine on Michigan Dirt Slingers!?! :blah:

At any rate, yeah I'll be there. Not on the 'Dale this time though. Racin' the Scrambler in the Utility class :P Oh and there might be one other quite interesting suprise for the Utility class too :D and no, it's not Kyle. He's running B.

quadscrib
05-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Hey scrambler! Do you have a rear KTM sprocket you could sell me and bring sunday? Im having NO lucck finding one and mine I just discovered is missing teeth. right now Im screwed. Any chance? call me (517) 819-5126 Bryan.

quadscrib
05-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanx for the call Walt. Looks like Im a little better covered that I originally thought. Thanx fer the info! See ya Sunday.
BTW folks.....Portland can suck up ALOT of rain so it'll be all good raceday!

and heres the link to Scramblerxle's thread on another forum:
http://michigandirtslingers.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=78437#78437

srxmiller
05-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Oh boy this should be alot of fun, nothin Ilike better than being sore for most of a week. See ya sunday.

quadscrib
05-13-2010, 03:54 AM
Post race pain I usually find pleasing lol. Usually.

drshock
05-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Newbie ?????

Is a kill tether required???

What class is a better fit for a 45 year old racer wannabe
- 45+
- C class

Thanks

quadscrib
05-13-2010, 10:19 AM
A tether is required in all atv racing. C class would b the place to go. A,B,C Vet and utility are the classes I'm aware of. Vet is fast and would not b my choice.
You will not b the only first timer in C.

magna-007
05-13-2010, 11:03 AM
I believe there is a 40+ class. They call it "O" class. There again, your lookin at "Vet" guys in most cases that jumped to 40+.

Id try "C" first probably too. See how ya do.

Yeah, the leg pains a couple days after are brutal. If it wasnt for feelin like you just did a billion squats, id feel pretty good. LOL

drshock
05-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Well I've decided I'm giving it a shot....if my tether comes in

Are number plates on the front and rear sufficient????

Is there anything else that many first timers overlook???

Thanks In Advance

quadscrib
05-14-2010, 02:32 PM
If you dont come up w/ a teather I would still come in. you wont be checked and mabey someone can help ya out w/ one.
Is far as numbers yes front and rear are fine but you will be scored with a bar code sticker on your helmet that is scanned every lap by a scoring official. The sticker will be available at signup.
What quad are you racing by the way?
In the quad ranks there are many very friendly and helpfull people and you shouldnt have any problem getting halp and/or advice.
My name is Bryan Scribner and Ill be riding a KTMsx quad w/ number 229 on it and I have a metallic blue Dodge Ram truck. Feel free to come see me.

drshock
05-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks for all the great info...... I'm debating whether to run my 400EX or my daughters LTZ400. Both are stock motors that are piped. Suggestions

I'm getting pretty pumped for this....

See ya Saturday

quadscrib
05-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Well in the past Ive had a lot of fun on both. Racing wise I never raced a 400ex but I did in fact race one Harescramble on a Piped but otherwise stock Z400 and did quite well!! A tad bit less power in the woods was actually an advantage, I used reverse a couple times too.
Either are a good choice. Z400 is more advanced....but Suzuki. lol
That yellow Yamaha behind me in the top pic battled me the whole race and got tired and faded back. I finished 2nd out of 17 that day in B class. I was the only 400. Ive got alot of work to do to get ready. See ya there!
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k114/quadscrib/corn.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k114/quadscrib/normal_IMG_9357.jpg

magna-007
05-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by drshock
Thanks for all the great info...... I'm debating whether to run my 400EX or my daughters LTZ400. Both are stock motors that are piped. Suggestions

I'm getting pretty pumped for this....

See ya Saturday Hope u get this before tomorrow. Race is Sunday the 16th not saturday. U said see ya saturday. Didnt want ya makin the trip for nothin tomorrow.

magna-007
05-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Hay Scribler hows the track lookin with the 1000 year flood we got the other day? That creek ought to have some flowin water in it. :)

quadscrib
05-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Havnt been out there but I sure the creeks a flowin. Should be kick ***!

wileeviper
05-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Congratulations to SRXMILLER on his 6th place out of 21 at the Portland Hare Scramble yesterday!!!!

:D

kimv
05-17-2010, 07:14 AM
What's this I hear about getting stuck in a tire?!! Now why couldnt I have been there to take that pic! HA! Just kidding!
Great Job BOB!!!!!!

wileeviper
05-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Ha Ha, yea he thinks he is going to be on Youtube because there were several people video taping right where he flipped over the handle bars. :) Next time I am setting up camp by the enduro section to take video!

I will let Quadscrib tell about his race;)

quadscrib
05-17-2010, 09:15 AM
RALPH!

kimv
05-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Oh no! Whatya do get sick?

quadscrib
05-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Yah about 2/3s way through. I started getting sick Saturday at work...I'm not missing a race though. I did real well fer the first 4-5 laps then Ive never wanted to quit so bad...but dont quit. Im home sick today. I did lead for a little bit. I think it was one of the most competitive races Ive ever had in any discipline.
Myself and the other top 2-3 guys battled like no other till I finall dropped out to empty out. Then my quad wouldnt start, found my + battery cable no longer bolted to the solenoid. Luckily holding it in place was enough to start it.
I do need to get my butt into better shape. Was fun though!

kimv
05-17-2010, 11:29 AM
You die hard! Hope you feel better soon!!

magna-007
05-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Hay Scrib, hope ur feelin better. Man the flu sucks! Id rather smash my thumb with a hammer than to have the flu.:huh

Have you heard by chance if Luke looked the results over and things are in order now? Im 99.9% sure "Y & S" were still messed up.
I was a good time though.

quadscrib
05-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Not sure where things are at. The district is in charge of scoring. When I hear one way or the other Ill post it.
Yah the race (while I still had my cookies) was pretty fast! Im really looking forward to seeing some video. The first 3-4 of us in the A-class were really mixing it up and changed positions sometimes turn by turn! Ive gotta give alot of props to my KTM cause it allows me to ride at a higher level than Ive ever been able to achieve. I had a great time until I slammed a brick wall.
BTW I got a chance to look at that gear and am impressed! Very ggod job, Thanx alot!
I hoping to see some endurocross section clips too. A couple laps I ripped through there! A couple laps I didnt.lol Thankfully I stayed on:devil:

srxmiller
05-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Nice to hear from everyone, sunday was a blast
all except the stupid tire pit bullcrap. now Ive got to make one of those dumb things in my back yard.