PDA

View Full Version : shocks??

fmcnany413
05-07-2010, 05:31 AM
I am just a dad that is trying to support his kid doing something that he likes doing - I played baseball he hates it. So I don't know a lot about quad racing and parts, but I grew up on a farm and can fix about anything. So when pricing Elka or comparable shocks I was amazed at the price. So I started looking and I found this company in California that sells Fastace shocks. Pretty resonable on price, so I was wondering if anyone has used them before. They seem to be fully adjustable and appear to be well made. From fixing other things in my life I know sometimes you are just paying for a name, and generic medician is as good as the brand name.

Thanks,
Frank

xtremeatv
05-07-2010, 10:05 AM
In my personal opinion you are paying for more than just the name when purchasing shocks. I have tried several sets of "off-brand" shocks and was not impressed with the results. In the end i decided to stop being cheap and got a set of elkas for one of the minis and a set of works for the other. Very happy with the elkas, the works arent bad either but they will be eventually replaced.

As for Fastace shocks i have never heard of them so i cant offer an opinion.

rummel
05-07-2010, 11:44 AM
what site did you find them on. i was looking online and they look like there made of decent quality. cant find the right size for my sons drr.

aarond
05-07-2010, 08:09 PM
what are you putting these shocks on?if its is a apex or drx long travel ,halo suspension in stratford connecticut makes fairly good shocks ,think i paid 1200 for all three .http://www.halo-pi.com/service.html

aarond
05-08-2010, 05:52 AM
those fast ace shocks are the same as the i shocks , they are a cj=hinese massproduced item,,there bought in bulk and a manufacturers sticker is put on them,wouldnt waste the money,they probably work like stock or worse.by a used set of good shocks,usually a whole set of fox or better can be had for less than a 1000.

rummel
05-08-2010, 07:34 AM
WHICH BRAND SHOCK WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOX OR ELKA. ONLY USING STANDARD DRR A-RMS AND SWINGARM.

atvracer980
05-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Fox Shocks- Elka's are over sprung w/ little internal valveing, I had elka's( $3500 for long travel a-arms,shocks,rear shock and elka link) ended up buying Axis instead. Give C&D Racing a shout-Colby will steer you in the right direction- He's a master at shocks also..

rummel
05-08-2010, 11:41 AM
WHAT WAS THE COST I GOT A BUDGET

aarond
05-08-2010, 12:24 PM
yea dont spend 3500 you can get a whole apex race quad for that with shocks.call gary from g-force performance , a whole set of fox ,all three for the drr will run you 900 for a non ltr .you cant go wrong with that deal either ,if you want a cheaper price, i have a rear motowoz for a drx 10.5 eye to eye i paid 800 for the shock i will sell it for 450 it was used for the last two races of 08 and we sold the quad so its basically brand new .you may be able to find a front set for 300 of fox shocks.hope this helps
www.g-forcepowersports.com

05-08-2010, 01:59 PM
I would run Elka if I was you. Call Justin at Maximum RPM. Hes a great guy. He will help you in any way he possibly can. If you cant afford new find a set of Elkas that are used but in good condition. I hope this helps out. www.maximumrpm.com

nitrofish
05-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I have run fast ace shocks on my pit bikes and they don't hold up. They work fine on a smaller quad like an LT 50 but anything bigger would spell disaster. Just post that you are looking for a set of used Elkas on here. The standard travel non rezis go fairly cheap and alot of guys have them laying around the parts pile. Matt.

aarond
05-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Is this going on a 50 or 70 or 90 ?

rmuscle
05-09-2010, 08:03 AM
we have fox on one bike and elkas on the other , and my son hates the elkas , loves the fox

rmuscle
05-09-2010, 08:03 AM
we have fox on one bike and elkas on the other , and my son hates the elkas , loves the fox