PDA

View Full Version : lt80 wont start

motojedi
05-07-2010, 04:03 AM
Ok so i put a new starter in the lt80 among other parts and got her going.I took it off the bench to flipped it up on its end to put the skid plate on and layed it back down and i think it flooded cause it would not start.Ended up draining battery and once i tried to start it after a recharge all it would do is click.Solenoid is good,did not pop starter button??I hope the new starter is hung up cause i cant find anything else wrong.Hope i did not overheat new starter and smoke it..Any idea's????

fearlessfred
05-07-2010, 08:12 AM
yeap,pull spark plug,and of coarse , charge the batt. spin the motor over to blow the gas out might have to repeat clean plug ( i burn the gas off) make sure the gas is off , i disconnect the fuel line ( thats the first thing u do) , once you are sure the gas is out of cylinder put plug back in and try starting with throttle wide open, a very common prob. with the 80 is the fuel pump in the petcock going out and passing gas (ha ha) thru the rubber the rubber diafram and draining down the vuccum line and filling the motor up with gas , may be not your prob, but ck anyway.