PDA

View Full Version : Racing crankshaft?

Rich243
05-06-2010, 05:36 PM
We are wondering about something so I am going to throw it out there for opinions. We are running a ported 2008 air cooled Drr 70. It will run up to 13,800 rpm on the bench. It was suggested that my basic stuffer crank is really not much good at that level and we really might want to look at replacing it. I don't need something coming apart with it running good at the moment so......what would be my best choices for replacing it if I chose to do so. If we are going to go in and do it, might as well get a "good" one now. Suggestions?

Thanks,

nastynotchback1
05-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Trust me rich been there done that 3 times.Found out the hard way that a good crank is the ticket when your turning some high rpm's.I would say a stage 6 with 12pin bearing would hold up for ya.

Rich243
05-06-2010, 09:47 PM
I was looking at the stage 6 racing one. I have had good luck with everything Stage 6 we have had so far. Will it add anything (power) or just be able to withstand the RPM's?

We are planning to be at Durhamtown this Sunday to practice (see if welds will hold) and then next weekend for the final race. Are you guys going to be there for the last race? Hope to see everyone again. I believe the Cushmans and the Wilkensons will be there also.

nastynotchback1
05-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Rich243
I was looking at the stage 6 racing one. I have had good luck with everything Stage 6 we have had so far. Will it add anything (power) or just be able to withstand the RPM's?

We are planning to be at Durhamtown this Sunday to practice (see if welds will hold) and then next weekend for the final race. Are you guys going to be there for the last race? Hope to see everyone again. I believe the Cushmans and the Wilkensons will be there also.

we will be there for the race.lookin for some full gates like at the fist of the season.