PDA

View Full Version : fox shock broke-not good

DP #000
05-06-2010, 02:01 PM
So this happened about 2 weeks ago at the first NEATV race of the year at Walden. It was a pretty muddy race so i decided to race my practice quad instead of my race one (which was completely new). So on my last lap in Open A (Expert), i was winning and i go to hit a 60-70 foot triple which was very easy to do. And when i landed (making the jump perfect not coming up short) my front right shock broke making me go flying over the bars into the mud. I was knocked out not really remembering it all. Had a concussion and i fractured my neck in the second and third vertebrate. I have a brace on for a few weeks but hopefully it comes off soon. But like whats the chance of a shock breaking like this....

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc275/000ForLife/Photo0046.jpg

dehner47
05-06-2010, 02:13 PM
damnnnn dude. looks like that was more of a machanical malfunction instead of a break. looks like Fox needs to be sponsering you so you dont sue them. :devil:

matt14c
05-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Yea it doesnt look like a very rough break looks pretty smooth. Im with dehner thinking it may be something somebody might want to look into. Have you contacted them about it? Be intertesting to see what they have to say. Might want to have the other checked out also. Good luck with your recovery!

fastredrider44
05-06-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm with them. Also, who was the last one to service those shocks and when? That looks like it came apart in mid air to be honest.

trx310R#24
05-06-2010, 03:59 PM
dont look like fox put it together right. =p

eastside 400
05-06-2010, 03:59 PM
who last serviced the shocks?

DP #000
05-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Well these shocks were bran new last february. So they had a full year on them. Never been serviced. They never leaked air too. But i only raced this quad a few motos last year. So i dont think it has to do with not rebuilding them. Im not really sure.
But im kinda glad i jumped ship to some Factory Elkas on my race bike instead ha :D

fastredrider44
05-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Fox's to Elka's?:huh Whatever works for you I guess. But I'd be callin Fox and see what they will do for you.

ZBlaster
05-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Fox's to Elka's?:huh Whatever works for you I guess. But I'd be callin Fox and see what they will do for you.

Factory Elka's = not your typical Elka Elite.

I personally have my shocks serviced and looked over atleast twice each race season, would definitely do the same if I ran air shocks. That looks like it just came apart and to me it seems it would have had to have shown some signs of that coming before it just came apart.

SRH
05-06-2010, 11:11 PM
thats not the first broken fox shock ive seen, i dont blame you going with a different brand

Lasher
05-07-2010, 09:13 AM
I saw your crash Dillan, hope you heal up soon. (This is Ryan's dad, its my account).

It was a nasty flip. When the quad touched down, it looked out of shape and over you went. I was not sure why, and curious because it did not look like a normal crash.

DP #000
05-10-2010, 07:16 AM
[Factory Elka's = not your typical Elka Elite.

Yeah, Factory Elka's are a big difference compared to Elite's in my opinion.

PaRedneckRiders
05-10-2010, 09:55 AM
If i were you i would be calling fox
Well as long as they were up to par on service and were looked at regularly i would call them and c what they would do

they probably wont do anything but i would deffinitly be complaining if it was something the shock could have handeld with no problem

lukey
05-10-2010, 06:35 PM
dang im going to put some limit straps on mine now.