PDA

View Full Version : LifeFlight/AirAmbulance

SpyderRail
05-06-2010, 01:49 AM
After the carnage and the number of lifeflights at the last WORCS race I was wondering what everyone is using for coverage.
From what I have found there are a number of companies offering coverage, only most are for a limited service area.

Does anyone know of any compaines that offer a policy that covers all/most of the Western US. or have recipricationg argeements with other coverage providers?

QuadJunkies
05-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by SpyderRail
After the carnage and the number of lifeflights at the last WORCS race I was wondering what everyone is using for coverage.
From what I have found there are a number of companies offering coverage, only most are for a limited service area.

Does anyone know of any compaines that offer a policy that covers all/most of the Western US. or have recipricationg argeements with other coverage providers?

Has Sean ever looked into this as something to offer racers Insurance ?? Not Seasn personally but info on how to get coverage.
I done a topic on this several months ago and apparently there is racer Insurance out there . Im guessing the AMA would have links ??

This is a good question for Life Flight though, seems like that all depends on contracts per state .
When Troy waqs with Fed Ex awhile back we had awesome coverage and was only a 75 dollar Co pay for Heli. but that has since changed.

sunco
05-10-2010, 05:44 PM
When I here copay - doesn't that mean u need someone else to help pay the bill. Surely u can't expect just one person to be able to afford those charges :D

QuadJunkies
05-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by sunco
When I here copay - doesn't that mean u need someone else to help pay the bill. Surely u can't expect just one person to be able to afford those charges :D
Sure I can. .:D

75 is all I woudl have to pay ,my insurance paid the rest.

I have Lifeflight in IDaho .Fora membersip I pay 50 per year and thats all I pay to cover all 4 of us for Heli rides .

IVe been wanting to fiund out more in Aflac as well. Anyone else have that ? IS it affordable ? I know in years past it was awesome ,especially if you have to lose work due to a surgery.

sunco
05-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Hopefully the only flying I'm doin is going on vacation :D

QuadJunkies
05-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by sunco
Hopefully the only flying I'm doin is going on vacation :D

DITTO!

LTandRaptorider
05-10-2010, 08:10 PM
I have frequent flier miles with Stat Medivac! :D

My one trip cost $8500, luckily all covered under insurance I had at the time. My last wreck at a race, they had LifeFlight on stand-by, but took me by ambulance instead. Had I read my Aflac policy first, I would've taken the helo! I think it is $1,000 Aflac pays for Lifeflight, only $150 for ambulance. I only have the accident policy, pay about $22 a month for it. They of course have a breakdown of what all they pay for. So much for 24 hours or more in the hospital. I hate hospitals, so crawled out to my truck after only about 12 hours. got home, dug out the policy, saw I would've gotten I think $500 if I would've stayed 24 hours. It pays towards follow-up doctor visits, x-rays, MRIs etc. If you take frequent trips to the hospital, it is good to have. And read the policy thoroughly! :p