if it dont sell i will part her out .
i am at 26554 wv

greenskin77
05-05-2010, 10:26 PM

greenskin77
05-05-2010, 10:28 PM

croat1
05-07-2010, 11:20 PM
parting it yet? my personal opinion is that the bike as it sits you would be lucky to get 1800. whats up with the overspray on the chain and pivot bolt/chain slider. i noticed you do not have a case saver. how bad is the lower mount broken?
none the less if you part it i'm interested in a few items.
sending a pm

greenskin77
05-07-2010, 11:31 PM
hey man i wasent hiding anything... yep its over spray.. i touched up the frame ... no shame in that
and the lower bolt isent bad at all jus broke at the edge.. i could just file it down and you would never notci it ...
give me time i will part her out if i get enuff offers and prices i will totel it up and if i get what i have in i will be happy

250Renvy
05-08-2010, 09:00 AM
I have to somewhat agree with Croat1, probably only worth 1800 or less.

However, I'll give you some thoughts to ponder on whether you want to part it out.

Stock 86/87 parts are in huge supply thanks to ebay. If your parts aren't primo shape for restorations and such, they won't fetch but pennies of what you would hope mostly because shipping is so much these days.

The only things of real value are your plastics which because they are used but good shape, you might be able to fetch $600 for. But shipping could be the killer and likely you'd have to get people on ebay in a bidding war - so with shipping maybe $450 is likely.

Your motor and nerfs are the other things.

Motor could be worth $450 - $600 IMO
Nerfs - $150-$200.

The rest of the stuff could probably be nickel and dimed upto $2000 if you get good buyers.

Frame - $150-200 for local pickup $100 if shipped
Rims - $100
Electrical - $80 complete
Swingarm - $ 40
A-arms - $40
Shocks - $50
Pipe - $100?
Tank - $75
Seat - $50
Brakes - $100

These are just estimates, you could get more or less depending on timing and market etc. It's just something to weigh in before parting it.

greenskin77
05-08-2010, 09:42 AM
thANKS MAN
helps out a lot
the plastics i have just read here on anther form all red with light and they was talking like 1400 i belive i couldent belive that.. but your price seems kinn low to.. i mean i just sold a hood with light on ebay for around 400.. anyhow. way i see it i had the bike this long just sittin in garge i figure sell it or part it out depending on what offers i get.
i hate to go on ebay there fees are crazy anymore. plus even paypal charges you like 10 dollers a hundered i belive.. its a rip off

250Renvy
05-08-2010, 11:07 AM
You could easily get $1400 for a new set, but new and used are two completely different animals.

People will spend way more money on something new for a Restoration that will never be ridden. Used is a crapshoot. I've seen used go for $900 in mint shape, but aslo sell for $250 - so I took a mid point. That's for you to judge. Also hoods can fetch more because shipping is relatively low. Most likely shipping on fenders will be $150 so people take that into consideration.

I completely agree - ebay fees are out of hand and not worth selling on there for large items unless you can get people in a bidding war.

The way I look at it, is when parting out you have to figure the absolute lowest it will bring before you are giving it away or holding onto it for a year or more.

If you do decide to part it, could I have first shot at the plastic? I'm not sure if I want red or not, but I have a buddy that has been bugging me to find him some red for his 88.

Jonny B
05-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
You could easily get $1400 for a new set, but new and used are two completely different animals.

People will spend way more money on something new for a Restoration that will never be ridden. Used is a crapshoot. I've seen used go for $900 in mint shape, but aslo sell for $250 - so I took a mid point. That's for you to judge. Also hoods can fetch more because shipping is relatively low. Most likely shipping on fenders will be $150 so people take that into consideration.

I completely agree - ebay fees are out of hand and not worth selling on there for large items unless you can get people in a bidding war.

The way I look at it, is when parting out you have to figure the absolute lowest it will bring before you are giving it away or holding onto it for a year or more.

If you do decide to part it, could I have first shot at the plastic? I'm not sure if I want red or not, but I have a buddy that has been bugging me to find him some red for his 88.

250Renvy def. knows the market for these bikes and the parts on them. He is dead on and knows the value of new and used parts, the availabilty of oem parts, and race ready or factory original 250r's. He has bought and sold enough to back up his opinions. He is giving you honest info you can think over...my 2 cents.

greenskin77
05-08-2010, 07:27 PM
make me a offer on thwe plastics with the hood or with out?
and if he is interested i will take some really close pics of it and really go over an make sure nothing is wrong ..
and jhonny b i never question anything he said... i always try to give people a chance..