PDA

View Full Version : 06 predator 90 help

chris p.
05-05-2010, 07:39 PM
i have an 06 predator 90 with the usual mods.hetrick gen 1 pipe,variator and clutch work,rejetted sunworld carb with stock intake and stock engine.upgraded to a pkw 24mm carb with a 152 and a koso intake and matching reeds.my old unifilter wouldn't fit so we started it with nothing.problem is that i can't tune a/f mixture and idle screw doesn't seem to do anythimg either.also,headpipe turned a nice shade of blue.would no air filter make it run that lean or am i missing something(besides the air filter).ran awesome before the carb work. THANKS.

dericsdad
05-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Is that a powerjet 24mm pwk? 152 is too big if it is. Also, YES it definitly could run lean w/out and air filter. Get the air filter on it before you even try to tune it. Blued header pipe usually doe indicate a very hot or lean condition.

What pilot jet is in it? no response from the air screw indicates it is lean, but again, with out an airfilter you shouldn't be trying to tune it.

chris p.
05-05-2010, 08:49 PM
thanks for the reply.i'm not sure what size the pilot is.i bought it used and just wanted to get it going and tune from there.definitely not the way to go.i will pull it apart tomorrow and let you know.

chris p.
05-07-2010, 07:10 PM
took the carb apart tonite and put in a #120 and put the air filter on and it made a HUGE difference. i think we will try going with a 110 -115 because it still seems to be not that adjustable but it's way better.just seems to be breaking up even though everything else is good.also,carb body only says pwk 24 and nothing else.