PDA

View Full Version : Oil coming from vent tube

bigdaddy6809
05-05-2010, 02:58 PM
oh Boy, oil is coming out the vent tube when running at race speed not idle. Any ideas? Valves, rings? Happened all of a sudden, no previous leaking. thanks

sm00th026
05-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by bigdaddy6809
oh Boy, oil is coming out the vent tube when running at race speed not idle. Any ideas? Valves, rings? Happened all of a sudden, no previous leaking. thanks

Sounds like when you are high revving your motor the compression is bypassing your rings and blowing oil out your breather tube you may need rings.

smr
05-06-2010, 06:09 AM
pull your tank off and check the tube itself. Right where it goes into the valve cover. I know it sounds crazy but when they work loose it will do that. You shouldn't be able to turn it or pull it out. If you can then pull it out (of the valve cover) and clean it up good. Put it back in with a cold weld (I use JB weld). Make sure you have it turned the right way so the tank will clear it.

If that's not your problem then most likely you need new rings. I would just go ahead and bore it out instead of just replacing rings.

let me know what you find.

Dirtjunkie85
07-07-2010, 02:29 PM
i had that happen to me on my bike. I was riding and pulled over for a minute and i looked down and a ton of oil came out of the overflow. I had no idea what was going on . . . but i just had the top end rebuilt so idk. .