PDA

View Full Version : ethonal in the gas. wtf.

blaster12s
05-05-2010, 02:18 PM
i went from a full race motor to a stock one and am running 93pumpgass now so what should i do about the ethonal. stablizer. buy as little as possable so it dont go bad or whatt

Scro
05-05-2010, 02:20 PM
I haven't had any trouble with gas going bad because of ethanol.

Trxman300
05-05-2010, 05:37 PM
hell i run 93 all day in my 300 and never have a problem. i start it and rip the yard once every 2-3 days to keep the gas in the tank moving. i sometimes get 97 for once to clean it out but i have never had a problem with 93

aDviSol2y
05-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I haven't had any trouble with gas going bad because of ethanol.

X2, and I live in one of the wettest parts of the country.

mxrcr103
05-09-2010, 07:24 AM
If the quad sits for any length of time the ethanol will definantly do a number on your carb. It tends to leave a nasty film and varnashis over terrribly. The same goes for your lawnmower, boat, and anyother small engine. The jets are smaller and clog up faster. If you are forced to run ethanol gas just try to keep it as fresh as possible. I would run some sort of gas treatment periodicly also to help keep things cleaned out. There are two gas stations in our area that sell non ethanol gas and I always use it in all my toys. This was actually a huge issue and on the news last spring. The companies are adding a cheep filler and charging more for a gallon of gas. All for the good of the world!

Wheelie
05-17-2010, 07:26 PM
It's not the Ethanol that leaves a film. I run a blend of roughly 70% Ethanol in my quad and have zero issues. Last winter I let my quad set for several months with a half tank of fuel in it to see if it would create any problems. No issues starting it this spring with 6 month old corn.

Ethanol is not the enemy everyone makes it out to be. It cleans the fuel system and cleans carbon deposits and crud. A builder of sludge/varnish and destroyer of carb and aluminum it is not.

gncc025
06-01-2010, 12:02 AM
I broke my femur this past july and didnt crank my quad for about 3 months. I had to take the carb apart and spray cleaner through everything. Not a real big deal but i would advise draining the carb before you let it set 3 months +

tayyo789
06-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Whenever I let anything with ethanol sit for about 2-3 months, I have tear the carb and clean it before it'll start. But I'm a Pacific Pride member, and they are starting to put non eth premium pumps at their stations so I use that now.

CJM
06-03-2010, 09:22 AM
It absorbs water, thats the problem with it.