PDA

View Full Version : Added Insurance Against Broken Arms

#404's Dad
05-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Well as some may know my boy Trevor broke his arm while practicing MX a few weeks ago when he landed a bit on the front tires first on a flat landing which caused too much impact on his lil arm and also ripped the bars from his hands, he never wrecked or anything he actually kept going and I had to pull him off the track just to check on him but none the less it is broken.

Anyways here is what I have gotten to lessen the possibility of this happening again.

ATV Four Play "Soft Bars" (Thanks Tom, You Da Man!!) and Precision Racing Pro Dampers (Thanks to Quinn @ Outta Control, Super good guy), Both products look to be top notch in quality and they're also damn good looking as well.

Wish I had gotten all this stuff prior to the broken arm, Its my fault I am not used to adding all this stuff to the bikes, I am programed to remove everything thats not needed and make what is lighter for TT Racing lol.

Just thought I'd share :)

TTracer#22
05-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Sorry to hear about Trevors arm hope everything heals and he can get back to riding.

LT80
05-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Best wishes to Trevor.

fastrnrik
05-05-2010, 04:48 PM
My friends son broke his wrist at the first race of the season on a sketchy landing. I knew right then I would be buying a set of soft bars. We put them on our 50 that we just finished, and my son loves them.

Your TT comment made me laugh. I'm a TT guy too, and judge everything by weight. The very first thing I thought of when I got the soft bars was, "wow, they're pretty heavy" LOL

Hope your son heals up quick!

Logan #34's Dad
05-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Hey Corey, Logan just bought his own set of bars from Tom at the last National. He actually used his birthday money! Now you know i'm gonna have to buy another set for the other quad. Ugh!
So, which National mx ya coming too?

redonkulousruntsracing
05-06-2010, 05:35 AM
Seth absolutely loves the set of Soft Bars I put on his quad, it also boosted his confidence to hit jumps he wouldnt do last year. He came up short on a double on Sunday,due to his lack of power, and after the race I asked him about it and he was like, what double Dad? I didnt feel a thing. Last year he would of pulled to the side of the track after a shot like that.

#404's Dad
05-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Thanks guys, he is heeling up nicely I think, he uses his damn arm as its not broken so . . .

Rocky, I doubt we will make any MX Nat's to race, Trevor is not up to Nat'l Speed in MX, not even close with never riding MX until this season but who knows we'll see but its doubtful at this point.

mushinracing
05-09-2010, 08:11 PM
if you want you and trevor can practice with us in cols.