PDA

View Full Version : Anyone doing Nikasil ?

QuadJunkies
05-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Anyone had it done on the 250 yet ? We called and asked around and no one said anything about it . I think were going to send off Brandons Cylinder tomorrow to have it done if all goes well.
On thing we noticed with the 250 cylinder is it trashes oil so much quicker than all the other quads we have had (all were nikasil ) .This should help .
I just hope we get it back in time for his race . We are calling Millinium tomorrow about it . Just wondered if anyone here had done it yet .

QuadJunkies
05-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Done deal, just sent it off today.

markeg192
08-30-2010, 08:11 PM
So they're not plated from Yamaha?

hwf-racing
09-04-2010, 06:11 AM
What price did you get ? What state are they located? I know a couple of the mini-dads are sending off their cyl and when they get the engine back in they are seeing good gaines in hp and lets them run a single ring piston without trashing the piston right away. Keep me updated, helps when we do Hunter's build. thanks, Derek

QuadJunkies
09-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Ours was already bored so I have no clue what they are stock.
To have boring and plating it was 300. If I remeber correctly. It was done through millenium they are somewhere back east .they do everything in house so fast turn around . I know L.A sleeve has to send there's out. We too were told about the HP but again we had a huge bore with none. :)

icecreammaker
09-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Yea that is were Al sends his cylinders Milliunium, Just got a stroker crank for Colts, hope to have Wade put in in for next weekend,

Ken