View Full Version : STUMPED! Advise needed

nwi45
05-04-2010, 07:23 PM
I am new to Hondas, bought a 05. It has the FCR Carb on it. It had the Fuel Customs Intake, but I removed it because I didn't want to run that setup.

I have the stock airbox, but I can't get it to go onto the carb. It has the Noss Adapter, but it almost seems like the Noss Adapter is too far back and doesn't allow the bottom of the boot to go onto the carb because it runs into the frame crossbrace that the rear shock mounts to. Any help!? Trying to go ride tomorrow and I'm totally stumped.

Scro
05-04-2010, 07:29 PM
I was thinking that with the Noss adapter, the stock airbox should slide right on. You could try a very small amount of grease around the carb. Don't put it around the inside of the box, because it will likely be sucked in.

If that doesn't work, you can dip the end of the airbox in boiling water before putting it on. It will heat up the plastic/rubber, and allow you to stretch it over.

coryatver
05-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I would sell the fcr and get a stock 05 carb they are a better carb for xc racing anyway. Glad to see you got a honda and not a can am!

Chino886
05-04-2010, 08:27 PM
or keep the fcr and go with a 06 airbox setup!

eastside 400
05-04-2010, 08:27 PM
you sure you are putting on the 05 airbox? seems stupid to ask but you never know, the 05 airbox should slide right on with the noss adapter.

ss440ex
05-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Try loosening the front boot mount, tilting the rear of the carb up.
Or placing the rear boot on first, then slipping it in to the front boot.

Good luck with it.