PDA

View Full Version : hiper wheels leaking air? help

woodsridn400
05-04-2010, 07:19 PM
OK so I have set of vipers headlock fronts and rears. One front tire holds air about a day or two then is flat and I have one one rear tire that goes flat after few days. I don't k ow much about rims. Do I need to tighten them untill the ring is flush with shell or is there supposed to be a gap? Also should I put a ring of silicone one them to help? Any info be great thanks

woodsridn400
05-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Sorry about first part dang auto correct I have Hiper headlocks

Scro
05-04-2010, 07:25 PM
The first thing you need to do is find out where it's leaking. Fill it with about 30 pounds, and hold it under water. You should see bubbles coming out somewhere. If it's between the aluminum and molded pieces, it's going to be the o-ring between the halves. It's very possible that it's coming from the valvestem as well.

woodsridn400
05-04-2010, 08:21 PM
so theres a center metal section that actully has a o ring in it? i was told about one but never new where is was. can u just silicone that together if thats where its coming from? also how tight you tighten the rings? do they sit flush with the wheel?

Ryan'07400ex
05-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Try getting a torque wrench to tighten the ring down to the proper weight.
One of my rear tires leaked about 10 pounds in a day so I just went around the ring tightening everyone a little and it stopped.

Thats when they were brand new, didn't read anywhere if yours were or not.

Good Luck