PDA

View Full Version : KFX400 Header Question

Grimzella
05-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Just a quick yes or no.. is the Stock KFX400 Header restrictive like the Honda 300ex is? if it is.. any suggestions? FmF powerbomb? or just hi-flow? got about 170-200 $$$ to play with.

Thank you,
Dave

k2thej88
05-04-2010, 04:53 PM
yea it is restrictive big difference with aftermarket header, i suggest if you dont already have a slip on to just go with a full exhaust, biggest bang for your buck maybe find a used one on ebay or there was a yosh on here for sale some where!

Grimzella
05-04-2010, 05:45 PM
ok thanks.. yes i do have a slip on FMF factory 4.. jetted 2.. open airbox 5 one inch vent holes. i will search for that yoshi.. if i can find it. if not i see a fmf power bomb for 170 on ebay new.

thx for the quick reply.

sd1
05-05-2010, 05:13 PM
remember that the stock header is small for a reason..if your motor is close to stock you want about that size of header tubing so your motor has a lot of low end torque.....but if your going to make your motor into a hp monster then full system is the way to go.......but you will lose some bottom end if you go with a full system on a stock engine, but you will gain a little on the top end of course...it just depends on what kind of powerband your looking for.....

yellowzo3
05-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Grimzella
ok thanks.. yes i do have a slip on FMF factory 4.. jetted 2.. open airbox 5 one inch vent holes. i will search for that yoshi.. if i can find it. if not i see a fmf power bomb for 170 on ebay new.

thx for the quick reply.

Does the Yoshi header work with an FMF pipe? Even if it does I wouldn't go that route. Stick with an FMF header since its all designed to work and fit together. FMF makes a nice system also.

Heck I think I still have the Z400 pipe comparison review in an OLD issue of Dirt Wheels somewhere :p ...The FMF setup placed very well.

I had the FMF Ti4 pipe on my Z400 and it sounded GREAT. Nice choice :cool:

Grimzella
05-08-2010, 12:08 AM
thanks everyone.. but i found a good deal on ebay for a practically new yoshimura setup. yoshi header and arrester for 110.00 .. just got it today, and it looks BRAND NEW. just missing the end cap. now i need one.

86250rrider
05-08-2010, 09:45 AM
thats great !!! good deal, thats what i have on mine.like it alot. paid 115 for mine total after replacing the sheet metal on the can.well made pipes !!:macho

Grimzella
05-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks!! ya it was a great deal for 110. i would say.. once i get the end cap i will be set. I like to post pics to keep it colorful. I will take one here soon to show you the deal.. its sweet. was not up very long.