View Full Version : Hpd 558 bbk/550

AtvFan2010
05-04-2010, 11:03 AM
i got some questions. I'm buyin the HPD 558 BBK soon. I'r currently runnin a stock bore 12.5/1 JE piston and stage one hot cams. I was wondering if i should junk the hot cams and go back to stock or get the webcams 260i grind. Anyone know about how much the webcams would cost in the end? Also are they bolt in or not? Has anyone ever used any of the products made by aaenperformance.com? http://www.aaenperformance.com/Predator.asp They do have a very nice custom intake I'm going to buy which is straight clamp on from the carb and comes with a plate to stop mud and crap haha.. And what about their high lifter cams and their 550bbk? Any help would be great... Guys from polaris riders.com also told me to do the FCR conversion.. So does anyone got any pics of theirs? Or could anyone tell me what I need to buy and where?

katch26
05-04-2010, 12:43 PM
I made an fcr conversion how to on PO.....its really the carb the bike should have came with in the first place. If youre going to do the bbk either way leave the hotcams in there and see how they react with the bbk....JMO. I have no idea why HSP lists it as a 550 but its really a 558/560.

Outlaw6;=-
05-05-2010, 01:18 AM
what do or did you notice is the big difference between the fcr and mukini?

katch26
05-05-2010, 07:16 AM
oh yeah the fcr is just a much better carb. Throttle is crisper feels more powerful and its a smaller carb,,,,,the mikuni is just really lazy. When I put my pipe/ filter/ jet kit on the mikuni the bike felt much better all the way around but when I got the FCR on and dialed it it literally felt like a different bike. I generally don't like to hype things up but as much of a pain in the *** the conversion was for me it was totally worth it.

AtvFan2010
05-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Can you possibly give me the link to your how to? i really want to do this carb mod. Should i do a intake mod also? since the outlaws is worthless