PDA

View Full Version : HONDA should have used this Sparkplug!!!

Langbolt
05-04-2010, 10:55 AM
How many guys have the Spark Plug wrench in the Tool kit ?

Or have had to take an 18mm Spark Plug socket to the grinder and make it thinner to fit in the head ?

Well....I did a bit of research and got a plug with the 5/8" HEX instead of the 18mm so the SOCKET will fit and EVERYONE that has a good socket set will have a 5/8" Sparkplug Socket.

All ya gotta do is Order an NGK DCPR8EIX plug

It's an Iridium version with the same heat range.

WHY Honda didn't think of this I DON'T KNOW!!!

They have the 5/8" hex plug on the XR650R ????

Just makes SENSE

:D

hocman123
05-04-2010, 03:25 PM
wow thats 8 dollers plus shipping just for a spark plug i think i will stick to the old 2 doller ones. plus i think most have got a way to get them off

JOHNDOE83
05-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Why honda didnt think of this? Oh, They did...

If they made it that simple, they wouldnt be able to make profit from us...lol.

If it were that easy, they couldnt charge us for the plug wrench, And if it werent for the plug wrench, we wouldnt need that tool kit, and if we didnt need that tool kit, they cant charge us for the bolt on tool canister.

And if they made the lid stay on the canister like it's supposed to, we wouldnt lose our tool kit's and need to buy new one's.

The list goes on and on...lol.

They know what their doing, that's for sure.

liex21
05-04-2010, 05:44 PM
pro motion also makes a socket for the plugs so you dont have to hack up a existing socket

GTRider256
05-04-2010, 05:46 PM
^^^very very true but a good fix I found for the tool box lid coming off is to silicone the foam piece on the lid to the lid and I haven't had any more problems

05-04-2010, 08:41 PM
I have never in my life had to grind down sockets to remove it. I have craftsman deep sockets and could never figure out why people had so much trouble? lol

CJM
05-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
I have never in my life had to grind down sockets to remove it. I have craftsman deep sockets and could never figure out why people had so much trouble? lol

Some sockets fit easily.

I ground down a craftsman socket, 6 bucks and 10 mins of my time. I spose I could spend the cash on the $$$ plug tho..

VTredneckgames
05-05-2010, 08:36 AM
i run a 5/8 head champion that crossed referenced with the NGK plugs I used to run. Runs great and a lot easier to change.

bigbad400
05-05-2010, 09:39 AM
the champion plug is only 2-3 dollars too and it has the 5/8 head

Langbolt
05-05-2010, 10:13 AM
What is the Part# for the Champion plug ???

The reason the NGK is big $$$ is becasue I went with the IRIDIUM core instead of the copper.

:devil:

VTredneckgames
05-05-2010, 01:16 PM
I dont remember the number off the top of my head. Advance had them in stock though. I can a number this weekend if you still need it.

I was wondering why you was paying soo much for your plugs. Last I ordered them Advance got them for me the next day for $1.80 each.

big_poppa49
05-05-2010, 05:21 PM
I would like to have a part number for that advance plug as well. Please try and get it.

Also, will this plug your speaking of fit a 01' 400ex good?

05-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Only plugs I will put in anything I own are NGK and Denso. Both suppliers for factory Honda and arguably some damn good spark plug makers lol

Thumpin440ex
05-05-2010, 08:26 PM
I just ground down a socket.. Couldn't find my damn plug tool. For the guys that are switching from NGK to Champion plus, I feel for you. I am biased, have never had good luck with them, imo are way overatd, trash.. NGK, autolight or delco FTW :D

John

big_poppa49
05-06-2010, 09:23 PM
I would be willing to try the cheaper ones. especially since you can use a 5/8 socket. I can not compare between NGK and Champion, but to me seems like the only gain you will get from NGK is they may last longer. As far as power/starting gain, I highly doubt it. Your just buying the name and somebody already said that its cross-referenced to a Champion plug. So seems to me like it would have same spark and performance capabilities.

Don't be skeerd to swap that "NGK" decal on the side of yer quad for a nice "Champion" decal!! ;)

mineralgrey01gt
05-07-2010, 12:35 AM
i only paid $10 for my plug wrench from a local shop. It was new in the pack, not genuine honda but good enough