PDA

View Full Version : Getting a title

Impala400
01-30-2003, 09:44 AM
I bought a Honda 400ex and the guy didn't know where the title was he has the lean from the bank but no title, It was not stolen because the lean is legit but the only thing i need is the title can i get the title by going to the DMV or something?
Thanks

big-guy
01-30-2003, 10:31 AM
I think if you take him with you to the dmv he can sign it over... assuming it's in his name already.

jerry-89-250R
01-30-2003, 12:01 PM
Every state is different, my nephew is going thru the same thing here, they told him the guy that's name is on the title must apply for a lost title, then they will send him the title but it will still show the lien, he has too take it to the bank and get the lien released, then sign it over too my nephew "said it could take 6 weeks",

CBus660R
01-31-2003, 12:27 PM
Well, if he has a lein on it from the bank, the bank will have the title. If that's the case, you can't get the title until he pays off his loan. Then the bank will cancel the lein and then he can transfer the title to you. If he pays the loan off today, it could take 4-6 weeks before the lein is cleared. Some states make the bank hold the title for a specified time ( as much as 30 days) after the lein is cancelled before they can release the clean title.

Impala400
01-31-2003, 01:15 PM
sorry i should have said it was a notice of lein satisfied, so its been paid off.