PDA

View Full Version : Arena Cross in Cedar Rapids Ia

oynot400
01-30-2003, 08:15 AM
Good news I was told last night that the Arena Cross race at the US Cellulaur Center in Cedar Rapids Iowa is going to have a quad class. :macho I don't know if it will only be one class or if they will run two, like an A and B class.
This has not been advertised about the quads, so I hope we can get a good turn out. I can't race Friday night but I am planning on it Saturday night. Unless the track looks nasty evil. :rolleyes:
I know it is short notice but I hope to see some exriders there! :D

oynot400
02-02-2003, 08:47 PM
For all you of that did not make it to Cedar Rapids this weekend you really missed out on some good racing. :D In the pro class Nate Frees and Brad Phillips fought it out. Nate won both his heat and the main. However Brad was right on his heels. The amature class was just as exciting. Tim Greif's Gas Gas stalled on the last turn on the last lap as he was trying to cut into 1st place. He pushed his quad across the finish line for 4th place. Tim won the main on Saturday and went to do the gap jump on his parade lap and nosed dived it into the face of the jump! It had the crowd on its feet! :D
Some of my pics did not turn out but I will try to post the ones that did.

oynot400
02-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Here is a pic of Nate's quad in the pits.

oynot400
02-02-2003, 08:58 PM
Here is Nate and Brad going over the gap jump.

Nausty
02-02-2003, 09:19 PM
:grr Man I wish I would of found out about this earlier I would of been their for sure. Was their 2 classes though? Chances are I wouldn't of been able to go anyways cuz my dad is sick. Hope you had fun.

oynot400
02-03-2003, 06:25 AM
I wish you would of showed up, it was great. The part I liked best was that all but one or two guys is the group I ride with anyway. :D
I did hear a rumor in the pits that someone else is going to take over the Waterloo track. So we may be racing there this summer after all. I will post when it is confirmed. :)

Nausty
03-16-2003, 02:01 PM
I heard from Webers Cycle Center in in waterloo that its just gonna be flat track races from now on.

kicker696
03-16-2003, 02:19 PM
how did the gasgas do?

oynot400
03-16-2003, 02:24 PM
The first night he stalled it out on the last corner before the finish line. He ended up 4th. The next night he got 1st! :D