PDA

View Full Version : We all need these!!!!

pdxbigfoot
05-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Its good to see companies such as AC realize that there still is a market for the 250R and develop new products like their MX nerfs.
We all know about their fitment problems and customer service though.

What we really need are these......

https://www.houser-racing.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=video/Store_Nerf_Bars_2010.htm

Of couse they are making them for everything BUT the 250R's.

I think that if we all group together (much like pushing a R to the top of the QOTM) and bombard them with Email's they will have to take notice at some point.

Hit them up (it only takes a second) and let them know that our quads are very much alive and well and we need cool products such as this.

https://www.houser-racing.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=Store_Contact.htm

TLR-Online
05-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Those are neat!

rayman375
05-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Those are cool, I just sent them an e-mail. Didn't someone on here say that some of the 450R nerfs will bolt up to the 250R with different u-bolts? I think it was danhung, I'm pretty sure he has 450R nerfs on his Arens frame.

CorvetteZ06
05-03-2010, 09:04 PM
sweet!

RWD HERO
05-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Those are really nice! I just shot them an email...

"I noticed you have a really nice product out, but unfortunately i cant seem to find them for my application. Do you have any plans to make these for the Honda TRX 250r frame (1986 to be exact) in the future? This topic was brought up on a forum i am a part of (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3899750#post3899750). There are alot of 250r enthusiasts that i am sure would be interested in these nerf bars."

It doesn't look like they make any products for the 250.

cdrookie
05-03-2010, 10:27 PM
they use to make everything for the 250r but liquidated their inventory a few yrs back... when i first saw them in DW i thought they would be pretty cool but knew right off the bat they didn't make them for the 250r.

it's easy to say you will buy a set, but when the times comes to pony up the cash everyone disappears. i've seen it happen on every web site to many different products...

pdxbigfoot
05-03-2010, 10:49 PM
You have some very valid points.
When it comes down to it alot of people will balk at the price tag. I myself will gladly shell out the $$$ to have a clean set up thats reliable, trick ,cutting edge and isnt from 3 manufacture's (Mines Roll and DG and i really wish it was all Roll).

Its the chance the manufacturer is going to have to take (i hope). There are alot of guys that dont even know this forum exist's especially out here in the PNW.
Just when i think i know the majority of the 250R guys here in the Portland metro area i will meet 5 more that have never even heard of this site or the "other" for that matter.
Alot of guys will do a simple Google search and it would be cool to see these pop up.

If we want to keep any of the aftermarket companies remembering our "dinosaur's" we have to let them know we exist.

Great email by the RWD HERO

mineralgrey01gt
05-03-2010, 10:50 PM
If yall want them, get to fabbing up something to make them work. I dont see them worrying about making some for yall when the 450 production quads are getting all the glory.

CODY_M11
05-04-2010, 12:02 AM
mineralgrey01gt

thats what i was thinking. couldnt i just buy the 450 setup and make a mount to the frame? or do they fit wrong on the frame?

mineralgrey01gt
05-04-2010, 12:04 AM
like someone mentioned I do believe ive also seen danhung11 use 450r ones on one of his 250r builds before. If not it shouldnt be that hard to do. If I still had my 250r id surely try it and id make brackets that would hold them in place hell id turn around and patent them and put them on the market for you guys, of course members here would get a discount lol

pdxbigfoot
05-04-2010, 12:09 AM
They dont look like the are fabbed together. The front mounting brackets look really clean and seem to "belong" there instead of an after thought.

Myself personaly would love to have a intergrated system that works a unit instead of having to "mod" and "fab" something.

Dont get me wrong i love to make stuff but wouldnt it be nice to just head to the shop and bolt a set of these on and be done with it??

mineralgrey01gt
05-04-2010, 12:11 AM
i agree 100% and honestly after I talk to some people that have ran these, when i start my next 250r build (which is going to be one sick bike when im done) ill look into fabbing something up for these if it hasnt been done by then

CODY_M11
05-04-2010, 12:21 AM
im not worried bout where the peg bolts up i could easily fab that. i am just worried to how they mount to the front of the frame. wouldnt it be hard with the expansion chanber?

mineralgrey01gt
05-04-2010, 12:25 AM
thats true also. Someone just needs to break down, buy a set and see what happens. Thats the only way to figure this out

CODY_M11
05-04-2010, 12:36 AM
i would but i have to get mine running before i throw nerfs on it lol

cdrookie
05-04-2010, 06:31 AM
that's a lot of money to have to modify something. if it was my cash i'd sure want it to fit right out of the box

Honda 250r 001
05-04-2010, 06:52 AM
They replied!!!

Here is what i said:
I was just wondering why you guys dont make your suspension nerf bars for the trx 250r also? Im sure there would be demand and you would get more people using your product!
Thanks
Will

Here is what John replied back:
We do not have many of the new quads done yet, but it is a good idea. I will pass it along.
John Houser

mineralgrey01gt
05-04-2010, 07:13 AM
awesome. Also I think if they make that for the 250r, then they will start making their other stuff also

250Renvy
05-04-2010, 07:22 AM
I was thinking of getting those, but don't normally run nerfs. I was going to see if they could build one without the nerf setup since they will bold directly up to my HRE frame.

troybilt
05-04-2010, 07:30 AM
I didn't read all of the posts, but someone mentioned danhung11's nerfs. His are 450r IMS-Roll nerfs and they do mount up perfectly without mods. You just need Roll pegs. The heel guards are another story.

Maybe Dan will get on here and correct me if I'm wrong, but his baby is coming tomorrow, so he is really busy/excited... keep him and his family in your thoughts!!

As far as, Houser nerfs, yes I love those. Being and engineer myself it nice to see these improvements to the standard run of the mill nerfs.

For mounting to a 250r, well, you're going to have to fab something. Houser won't make 250r stuff, I've tried in the past, I bought one of the last sets of aarms, swinger and stems.

You could try patenting that, but a patent average cost for the average Joe is ~12k... I have several patents myself... but go for it, I'll buy them!! LOL...

I plan to get a set for my 450r when the cash loosens up, it may be easy to fab something... Just have to be patient...

89rwfo
05-04-2010, 07:42 AM
HA HA I checked out the link to houser site and never seen nerf bars?

Honda 250r 001
05-04-2010, 07:42 AM
I got another email from houser... This is what it said...

Currently there is not a high enough demand for any of our 250R products so we no longer offer them.

Jennifer Haley
Houser Racing
International Sales Consultant
173 Oak Street
Marion, OH 43302

Phone: 740-382-8100 ext. 102
Fax: 740-382-8199

danhung11
05-04-2010, 09:00 AM
It seems like a great idea, but I don't feel like it's ever going to happen. That's just me personally. Take for instance the IMS footpegs that were reproduced, everybody wanted them but the first run still has not sold out. Thus, the 86-87 style will never make it into reproduction. No company is going to take chances in this economy.

The nerfs in the attached image are 450R, I forget the exact model but they are listed on the website. I think they would bolt perfectly without IMS pegs, but cannot confirm at the moment. I also emailed Paige at IMS and she indicated she would let Doug know. They simply need a square tube mounting u-bolt instead of the round frame. This would be a lot cheaper than designing something specific for the 250R.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/100_1237.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/100_1235.jpg

Honda 250r 001
05-04-2010, 12:27 PM
houser said as of right now there are no plans to make them for a 250r, but in a couple of months they said they would make a decision on wether or not to make them for a 250r

RWD HERO
05-04-2010, 08:55 PM
I got the same emails as honda 250r 001, dosen't sound promising.

Trix r for kids
05-04-2010, 09:28 PM
U guys just need to go to JD2.com buy their cheap manual bender for 295 dollars and right now they have a 1 3/8 round tube die for 99 dollars and make some sweet ones that will fit ur own app i have had one of these bender for years now and i can bend 1 7/8 OD .120 wall chromo tube just with the basic set up i now have converted it over to hydraulic but i have used it to build my rockcrawler and many other custom exo cages for trucks and its just a great tool to have in ur shop or if some of u want me to build some and can give me a garrenty that u would by em i would be more than happy and they wont be 400dollars

Burns310r
05-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by pdxbigfoot
Its good to see companies such as AC realize that there still is a market for the 250R and develop new products like their MX nerfs.
We all know about their fitment problems and customer service though.

What we really need are these......

https://www.houser-racing.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=video/Store_Nerf_Bars_2010.htm

Of couse they are making them for everything BUT the 250R's.

I think that if we all group together (much like pushing a R to the top of the QOTM) and bombard them with Email's they will have to take notice at some point.

Hit them up (it only takes a second) and let them know that our quads are very much alive and well and we need cool products such as this.

https://www.houser-racing.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=Store_Contact.htm

Agreed... they look great.. cant wait to buy a set.

Awareness is everything around here like your quote of pushing a quad to QOTM... Just need people to be aware that theirs an option for them to choose.

I will buy these pegs as soon as I can, i see a ton of potential of saving my knees and back. Every bit of shock absorbency will let me ride longer . Not in minutes but years that is.

All250R
05-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by danhung11
[B]It seems like a great idea, but I don't feel like it's ever going to happen. That's just me personally. Take for instance the IMS footpegs that were reproduced, everybody wanted them but the first run still has not sold out. Thus, the 86-87 style will never make it into reproduction. No company is going to take chances in this economy.

That's not true. The first batch sold out and then it took almost 6 months to get the next made, and in that time I had to turn down several people looking for the pegs. The second batch is now dwindling. I'm picking up a pair from Roll this week for another customer.

If you want something you have to get it. Listen to the fact that John Houser replied with an affirmation. Screw the employee with an email account. She may be the receptionist for all we know. Hit up John because you know that's the decision maker, but like said before, put your cash up for the R.

danhung11
05-05-2010, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by All250R
That's not true. The first batch sold out and then it took almost 6 months to get the next made, and in that time I had to turn down several people looking for the pegs. The second batch is now dwindling. I'm picking up a pair from Roll this week for another customer.

If you want something you have to get it. Listen to the fact that John Houser replied with an affirmation. Screw the employee with an email account. She may be the receptionist for all we know. Hit up John because you know that's the decision maker, but like said before, put your cash up for the R.

In regards to the pegs, that's what Paige told me when I wanted a new set of the 86-87's. As far as Jennifer Hayley, I believe that's John's daughter or daughter-in-law, she handles a lot for Houser.

I personally don't see companies shelling out money for the 250R, except for those that cater specificallly to the R.

I want to get proven wrong.

SilverLake250R
05-05-2010, 06:55 AM
This may be slightly off topic...but...
has anyone ever seen Paige when you picked up stuff from Roll? She sounds hot on the phone...is she? Maybe it's just because everything Roll makes is so damn sexy...i dont know.

250Renvy
05-05-2010, 07:35 AM

If you want something you have to get it. Listen but like said before, put your cash up for the R.

This is 100% true. Most people don't have that money to "invest" but if you want something bad enough, put up the money.

Like when MasterLTR450 wanted quad tech hoods, that were no longer being made, he put up the money to make 10.

That's likely what it will take to get these made for the 250R. Somebody will have to order 10 sets and sell them themselves. This takes the onus off of Houser and onto the person who wants them.

As an investor, if someone does this, they have to know that eventually all will sell. Sometimes it takes time and effort but if you negotiate a dealer rate then you should come out at the very least even + a set for yourself.

troybilt
05-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
This is 100% true. Most people don't have that money to "invest" but if you want something bad enough, put up the money.

Like when MasterLTR450 wanted quad tech hoods, that were no longer being made, he put up the money to make 10.

That's likely what it will take to get these made for the 250R. Somebody will have to order 10 sets and sell them themselves. This takes the onus off of Houser and onto the person who wants them.

As an investor, if someone does this, they have to know that eventually all will sell. Sometimes it takes time and effort but if you negotiate a dealer rate then you should come out at the very least even + a set for yourself.

I agree 100%... except not many have the 4 large to put down up front to buy 10 sets... I honestly don't think it would take long at all to sell 9 sets, saving one for yourself.

Also, I don't think it would be that hard to modify an existing set to fit a 250r. However, you could never sell them in the US, if you figured that out, cause they are patent pending and registered.

All250R
05-05-2010, 10:59 AM
In regards to the pegs, that's what Paige told me when I wanted a new set of the 86-87's. As far as Jennifer Hayley, I believe that's John's daughter or daughter-in-law, she handles a lot for Houser.

I personally don't see companies shelling out money for the 250R, except for those that cater specificallly to the R.

I want to get proven wrong.
Ya, I know it's hard not to be pessimistic. I'm just saying that if you want something, it's not in my opinion good enough to wait to be proven wrong. You have to do something. People are a group think type of animal. If the group is doing one thing, most individuals will just do the same. It takes someone to move the group to make change. People got Roll to make the pegs again. What more example do we need? I sell the pegs and field the orders and lookie loos, and I know first hand that they're not on the first batch. Try to stay positive. Our attitude has an effect on everyone.

danhung11
05-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Ya, I know it's hard not to be pessimistic. I'm just saying that if you want something, it's not in my opinion good enough to wait to be proven wrong. You have to do something. People are a group think type of animal. If the group is doing one thing, most individuals will just do the same. It takes someone to move the group to make change. People got Roll to make the pegs again. What more example do we need? I sell the pegs and field the orders and lookie loos, and I know first hand that they're not on the first batch. Try to stay positive. Our attitude has an effect on everyone.

I do agree with the fact to put up the cash, or nothing will ever happen. I would like to add that both the QT hoods and IMS Footpegs were reproductions, NOT original runs as these Houser footpegs/nerfs would be.

I've worked with Mike Walsh, now that's a guy who will make you anything you want for a TRX250R. Just give him time and $, and he'll have it to you. There's just not a lot of companies that that these days.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, I'll work on that. :p

All250R
05-05-2010, 11:55 PM
I do agree with the fact to put up the cash, or nothing will ever happen. I would like to add that both the QT hoods and IMS Footpegs were reproductions, NOT original runs as these Houser footpegs/nerfs would be.

I've worked with Mike Walsh, now that's a guy who will make you anything you want for a TRX250R. Just give him time and $, and he'll have it to you. There's just not a lot of companies that that these days.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, I'll work on that. :p
Not to be argumentative, but the latest Roll/IMS pegs were actually new tooling the way I understand it. I believe something happened to the old tooling when they moved buildings is the general description I get. That was actually the reason why they stopped making the pegs in the first place, was just a matter of not re-investing in the tooling. Having to overcome some hang up in the new tooling for the 86-7 pegs is why they are not continuing with them as originally planned.

So if I have my general facts straight, Roll has indeed invested in making the pegs just about from scratch for us, and could explain their slightly higher retail price tag from Roll as well.

hawaiiysr
05-06-2010, 03:47 AM
someone just needs to make a kit for us to mount our 250r motors in 450r frames. hunting doew parts will be a thing of the past.

troybilt
05-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by hawaiiysr
someone just needs to make a kit for us to mount our 250r motors in 450r frames. hunting doew parts will be a thing of the past.

That's blasphemy!!! :D :D

I generally agree with you, however, the nostalgia and the fact that the 250r is the best looking bike in mine and many others opinion on this site, I doubt that would get a very "warm" welcome... however I'd love to build one...

Even better solution was the custom HRE frame... allows you to run 450r suspension, pegs, nerfs, stems, w/250r motor & plastics etc...

Lasher
05-06-2010, 10:19 AM

That is why I will only run Walsh in my garage.

All250R
05-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
That's blasphemy!!! :D :D

I generally agree with you, however, the nostalgia and the fact that the 250r is the best looking bike in mine and many others opinion on this site, I doubt that would get a very "warm" welcome... however I'd love to build one...

Even better solution was the custom HRE frame... allows you to run 450r suspension, pegs, nerfs, stems, w/250r motor & plastics etc...
Yea the newer stuff from asia has turned androgynous and flamboyant. I think the 90's was the last decade to see masculine looking men's products from Japan. Not a fan of the pretty bug wings.

Allison55ex'er
05-06-2010, 04:04 PM
I sent an email to them and got a reply from John Houser. He said that they are busy but agreed with me that there would be a market for them. I think they will make them but maybe its just wishfull thinking