PDA

View Full Version : What fits 2009 Z400 EFI?

fx4pitrone
05-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Anyone know what parts cross-over and bolt right up? I know there were a lot of changes, but chassis-wise, how different are they?
Ex. Nerf-bars, bumpers, grabs, skid plates, heel guards, etc.
Anyone know if this stuff bolts up w/o mods?
Thanks

sd1
05-03-2010, 06:39 PM
nothing is a true bolt up from the 08 and older Z's some parts can be made to fit ..but require mods of course

fx4pitrone
05-03-2010, 09:04 PM
That sucks... so all aftermarket bolt ons are going to need to be bought new! :mad:
Anyone know if the aftermarket companies are making a lot for the newer ones?

stichy85
05-04-2010, 09:11 AM
i bought a front bumper off an 05 that bolted right up. swingarm skid plate and A-arm skid plates bolted right up also. i dont know abuot anything else

fx4pitrone
05-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Good info... thank you!:)

sd1
05-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by stichy85
i bought a front bumper off an 05 that bolted right up. swingarm skid plate and A-arm skid plates bolted right up also. i dont know abuot anything else
looks like i was wrong.....im surprised the aarm plates bolted up since they changed the arm design..and i am almost positive they relocated the oil drain bolt....could still be a lower end from an 08 on it tho and they only made changes to the cylinder and head and exhaust.....maybe your nerfs will bolt up also..give it a shot..good luck

fx4pitrone
07-08-2010, 08:37 AM
So I called PRM yesterday. They said that the 08 & earlier swingarm skids will bolt right up, but not the chassis skid. The a-arm skid they said is also the same as 08 and earlier. They informed me that the bumpers and grabs are different, and won't bolt right up. Nerf bars won't either due to the change in foot peg size and position....

SO:
1. Swingarm skid= YES!
2. A-Arm skids= YES!
3. Chassis Skid= NO
4. Nerf bars= NO
5. Bumpers & Grabs = NO (but they sell redisgned ones for the 09's)

Hope this helps for anyone else interested.....

Flynbryan19
07-08-2010, 02:22 PM
You can also put aftermarket swingarms from the earlier model years on, but the a-arms are different. Only place I've seen so far that makes aftermarket a-arms for the 09-up Z's is Houser.

airmobile101
07-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by fx4pitrone
So I called PRM yesterday. They said that the 08 & earlier swingarm skids will bolt right up, but not the chassis skid. The a-arm skid they said is also the same as 08 and earlier. They informed me that the bumpers and grabs are different, and won't bolt right up. Nerf bars won't either due to the change in foot peg size and position....

SO:
1. Swingarm skid= YES!
2. A-Arm skids= YES!
3. Chassis Skid= NO
4. Nerf bars= NO
5. Bumpers & Grabs = NO (but they sell redisgned ones for the 09's)

Hope this helps for anyone else interested.....

I have to disagree with the nerfs. I installed a set of Pro Armor fat peg nerfs for a 09 on my old 06 DVX400. So, I would say if its a complete set of nerfs with built in pegs, then it will work.