PDA

View Full Version : how to jailbreak iphone with 3.1.3

mineralgrey01gt
05-03-2010, 03:40 PM
It has been beat to death but this is by far the easiest way ive ever done it. If any questions please post up in here and ill be glad to help. I just copy and pasted my write up off another site:

Well guys im bored and just got done doing this, been putting all my ringtones I want on my phone, so im going to make a short write up on how to do this. I know some of you have iphone's and probably are already jailbroken but I thought id throw this out there. This takes literally 10 minutes to do so its not bad at all.

1. Downloaded Spirit from this link: http://www.spiritjb.com/

2. Right click on the icon on your desktop (or in the folder) and go to properties and select either windows 98/windows ME or windows 95

3. Now plug in your iphone/itouch and let it back up and sync to itunes

4. Open SPIRIT and it will locate your iphone and click jailbreak

5. In about 2-3 minutes the break will be done and will start to reboot and such using itunes and will back it up and all again for you.

6. After this go into Cydia (new icon on your iphone/itouch) and it will reorganize all of cydia (kind of like an update im assuming)

7. After Cydia is done doing that, go to search and type in "Winterboard" and download the first one that comes up. This installs Winterboard that sends most downloaded themes and such from Cydia to Winterboard.

8. Now enjoy!!!

i also can do one for the free ringtones and how I put them on my iphone if anyone is interested just let me know and ill post it up also.

ATVMX33
05-03-2010, 03:48 PM
How easy is it to unjailbreak an iPhone if u ever need too?

k4f5x0r
05-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
How easy is it to unjailbreak an iPhone if u ever need too?

All you do is update it or restore it and its back. And actually i've been debating JBing my phone lately, This seem's very simple and makes me want to try.

mineralgrey01gt
05-03-2010, 03:59 PM
just like k4f5x0r said. All I really did was sync mine to my computer before and it did it.

Its extremely simple and I was shocked at how well it works. Well worth the 10 min for the amount of money you will save. I can also do a write up to get the NES (first nintendo) with games on your iphone also if that is of any interest

Hondamaster5505
05-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Don't hesitate jailbreaking your iPhone or iPod. It's the best thing I could have ever done to it.

Free custom themes, and I installed Installous so I can download actual paid appstore apps for free.

So easy to do also.

mineralgrey01gt
05-03-2010, 04:18 PM
i have installous also. Makes it even better.

kfx400rider03
05-03-2010, 05:50 PM
i have windows vista and i just tryed it and when i right click the icon it loads for ever and freezes my comp and makes me close out of everything im on and then it takes a couple minutes to load then closes the program and goes back to the main windows

kfx400rider03
05-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Well that messed up my computer. Trying to delete it now but not having much luck :/

mineralgrey01gt
05-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I have vista also and it did fine with my computer. I'm posting off my phone now, I'll check into it more whn I get home

dpizz450
05-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Everytime I open spirt to go jailbreak, it tells me I need Itunes 9 to function. I have this. Whats the deal?

dpizz450
05-16-2010, 05:13 PM
nevermind. got it. had to take it off of compatibility mode. works great thanks.

dpizz450
05-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Don't hesitate jailbreaking your iPhone or iPod. It's the best thing I could have ever done to it.

Free custom themes, and I installed Installous so I can download actual paid appstore apps for free.

So easy to do also.

I can't seem to find Installous under cydia sections. Where is it at?

Hondamaster5505
05-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by dpizz450
I can't seem to find Installous under cydia sections. Where is it at?

You have to add the source "http://cydia.hackulo.us" to the "Sources" on cydia.

dpizz450
05-17-2010, 04:15 PM
You have to add the source "http://cydia.hackulo.us" to the "Sources" on cydia.

Mind explaining how to do that please? lol

EDIT: got it, thanks.

Hondamaster5505
05-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by dpizz450
Mind explaining how to do that please? lol

lmao, no problem.

1) Open up Cydia.
2) Tap "Manage" tab.
3) Tap "Sources"
4) Tap "Edit" at the top, then "add"
5) Enter "cydia.hackulo.us"
6) Let it verify, and allow it.
7) Now go to "Search" on Cydia, and type in "Installous"
8) Download it.
9) Installous will now have an icon on your iPod.

When you're on installous, the homepage should be apptrackr.net. It's pretty self explanatory.

dpizz450
05-17-2010, 05:15 PM
lmao, no problem.

1) Open up Cydia.
2) Tap "Manage" tab.
3) Tap "Sources"
8) Download it.

When you're on installous, the homepage should be apptrackr.net. It's pretty self explanatory.

yeah i figured it out right before u posted. thanks. i just couldn't find where to add a source but i looked it up on you tube. thanks again.

awsomeaussies
05-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Will that work with my first generation iphone?

pepshocks
05-17-2010, 05:49 PM
it was trying to download packages but keeps popping up failed to fetch??????

Hondamaster5505
05-17-2010, 05:51 PM
awesomeaussies, yes, you can use installous on your 1st gen.

Pepshocks, if it does that, then just try again. Sometimes it takes two-three tries.

awsomeaussies
05-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks! Maybe you could help me with this.... I switched to t-mobile and I've been wanting to unlock my phone, but with all the different programs I don't know what to go with. Do you have any experience with unlocking your iphone?

pepshocks
05-17-2010, 06:08 PM
so once you click on cydia on your i phone you can get into any app for free, is that all the jailbreak does or are there other things its good for?

Hondamaster5505
05-17-2010, 06:23 PM
awesomeaussies, I wish I could help you with unlocking, but I only have an iPod touch. I've never unlocked an iPhone before. Sorry:ermm: I'm sure if you started a thread someone can help you.

pepshocks, no, cydia is only good for themes and such. Once you install installous, you click on the installous icon on your menu, and all the paid appstore apps are on there.

So with the jailbreak, you can get themes from cydia, hacks (battery percentage meters, sliders, etc.) and free apps.

pepshocks
05-17-2010, 06:44 PM
did a source warning pop up for anyone else? saying something bout being illegal?

Hondamaster5505
05-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by pepshocks
did a source warning pop up for anyone else? saying something bout being illegal?

yeah. Just hit allow. They have to put that. No one ever gets in trouble for it though. just a safety precaution

Sjorge450R
05-17-2010, 07:03 PM
jailbreaking is huge for iphone and itouch owners. Best thing that you can do to your device. Gives you complete customization.....

wait. Everyother manufacturer out there allows you to do this without doing anythign fancy....lol. More reasons why Apple is greedy and wont let any one do anything.

pepshocks
05-17-2010, 07:23 PM
lmao, no problem.

1) Open up Cydia.
2) Tap "Manage" tab.
3) Tap "Sources"
8) Download it.

When you're on installous, the homepage should be apptrackr.net. It's pretty self explanatory. evertime i try to download installous it gets half downloaded and the pops up "cached failure" ???

Hondamaster5505
05-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by pepshocks
evertime i try to download installous it gets half downloaded and the pops up "cached failure" ???

hmm? I don't know. Never had that problem. Keep hitting ok or something.

k4f5x0r
05-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Best thing i've ever done for my phone. Now that im running multiple apps and have everything custom it completely ROBS my battery.. i actually just ordered a battery/case that doubles the battery life so i can make it safely through a day of hard use :p

Thanks alot to OP!

Exrider434
05-17-2010, 11:45 PM
thank you OP, now that i did this what the hell are some cool things to do with it? good apps, etc..