PDA

View Full Version : sun allergies?

TRX_450
05-03-2010, 12:05 PM
im trying to figure out if anybody else has had the same symptoms as myself. first off im an avid outdoorsman and am outside all the time i generally get the farmers tan at the shoulder and on my neck and am pretty dark throughout the summer. the last few years though if i take my shirt off to work outside and get some sun on my back and chest its causing problems. its just my back that gives me problems but the day after exposure if i get the slightest itch on my back and rub it my whole back just starts to get itchy and red and keeps spreading, cool water will stop it though and calm it down. it doesnt happen anywhere else on my body and it only seems to happen if im working without a shirt, if im swimming and get some sun it doesnt seem to happen for some reason. ive looked all over and cant find anything relating to my case.

flammable
05-03-2010, 12:09 PM
if i spend 30 minutes in direct sunlight with no shirt on my shoulders and neck get a second degree sunburn. ive gotten it twice, blisters and everything. and the first time i got it i scrathed my back cuz it was so itchy. really regret never goin to the hospital. worst pain of my life, and i get burns all the time and they dnt bother me. prob not the same thing as u but idk. btw no were else on my body will even get a slight sunburn. except there.

yellowzo3
05-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Not sure if this will help at all but do you use sunscreen? I know it may seem dumb but maybe once your skin starts to get a little tan it may react better with the sun. So instead of instantly burning, itching, etc it will start to gradually tan and become more resilient to burning and become less sensitive.

TRX_450
05-03-2010, 02:17 PM
ill have to try that. it seems logical seeing as my arms neck and legs are tan most of the year anyway and they dont have that reaction.

fastredrider44
05-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Don't overdo it right off the bat. A gradual tan will go over a lot better than Burn, peel, repeat. I got a bad burn last year on my back that blistered up, and peeled. That was a mistake. Now I will only go shirtless for a little while at a time. Also, don't overdo it. My dad has had several sun spots removed from his face and back from too much sun with no sunscreen.

3400ben
05-04-2010, 06:38 PM
I have had the same thing. IT's called Sun poisoning. If you get too much sun to early it will happen.

QuadJunkies
05-04-2010, 09:33 PM
I have sun allergy, it generally mellows out as I get a good base tan,. but is worse on areas that dont get sun as often . Not much you can do ,sunscreen wont do a whole lot either . Just make sure and keep Cortizone cream on it, it will help the itch.

Pappy
05-04-2010, 09:35 PM
I forgot sunscreen this weekend and my face looks like a lizard:( I reckon if you get burnt and start peeling all within 24 hours its a bad thing:scary:

QuadJunkies
05-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I forgot sunscreen this weekend and my face looks like a lizard:( I reckon if you get burnt and start peeling all within 24 hours its a bad thing:scary:

Thats what happens when we all are CRACKAS :p

ATV Chic
05-05-2010, 06:21 PM
^^^baaahahaha yes we are lol i always break out the first time i get sunburnt, then once it goes away i'm fine in the sun the rest of the summer:p