PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Dunes, last weekend, anyone there?

Chef
11-27-2001, 05:38 PM
Hey was anyone at the oregon dunes the weekend of the 24th and 25th? at winchester bay or florence? i went to winchester saturday and florence sunday, got some hydro planing action in on sunday :D my group had two red 400's, a yellow 400, and a red 250EX, a red 400 and the yellow 400 had white brothers pipes, the other red one had big gun, and the 250 was stock, anyone there?

dune250r
11-27-2001, 09:41 PM
I was going to go to Winchester but it looked like rain. I dont have a weekend warrior, just an enlosed cargo trailer.

Chef
11-28-2001, 07:04 PM
all we have is a black 24 foot pace trailer, enclosed. we just turned the propane heater on and sat in lawn chairs around it :D

it did rain, but not terribly hard. we pulled into the parking lot, started loading up, and as the last quad pulled into the trailer, it started absolutely pouring down rain

out4sand
11-29-2001, 11:06 AM
I went back and forth with wether to go or not. It's a long drive to sit in the rain. Boy did I ever want to go though. Hopefully there will be another weekend sometime soon with nice weather. I really am ready to hit the sand again!

rhandw69
12-04-2001, 03:26 PM
I havent been to the sand since Labor day,
however i would be more than interested in making a trip with you all in the near future if the weather ever gives up something good. I remember we made a trip there last February and had beautiful weather. It was like 60 degrees and sunshine.
Me and my wife bought a weekend warrior this past summer, so life now is much better regardless of the weather.
But anyways,
if you are ever looking for people to make the trip , just let me know,
Rhan

out4sand
12-04-2001, 04:58 PM
I sure wouldn't mind a dune trip this winter if the weather looks good! I bet that weekend warrior is nice. I have stopped and looked at a couple at the dealers but haven't quite been able to swallow the price tag on them. I'll keep my eye on the weather and you do the same. If there is a weekend that looks nice and we can go I'll let you know.

Mike

dune250r
12-04-2001, 05:40 PM
I'm there with you if you go. If the rain lets up I wouldnt mind doing a winter trip.

Deathbringer
12-10-2001, 01:11 AM
Count me in.. if the weather isn't total S**T I would love to make a run over there.

Keep me on the mailing list :blah