PDA

View Full Version : Air box lid covers ?

QuadJunkies
05-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Anyone know if any companies like Pro Tec for example that makes the mesh lid covers for the 250 ?

We have got t odo something with adding a lid... my sons 250 took in waaay too much mud this last race . Needing to make some changes to the lid for this next race . Might have to put some holes in the stocker, but we really liked Pro Tecs. Might give them a buzz tomorrow.
Thanks

hwf-racing
05-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I followed EHS design. cut out the top of the lid and insereted an outerwear turned out real nice.

QuadJunkies
05-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Im hoping its not too late. Checking to see what the verdict is on his Cylinder tomorrow. If its toast, we wont be making the next race and that will put him too far out on a possible top 3 for the season. Hes pretty bummed right now :( He sucked in an aweful lot of mud this last race .

Hetrick300
05-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Im hoping its not too late. Checking to see what the verdict is on his Cylinder tomorrow. If its toast, we wont be making the next race and that will put him too far out on a possible top 3 for the season. Hes pretty bummed right now :( He sucked in an aweful lot of mud this last race .

Thats a major bummer!:( Ive been getting to much mud in raptor as well so I need to do something also. I was going to make it to the next round of WORCS but I have another race in the way:( lol

Hetrick300
05-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Thats a major bummer!:( Ive been getting to much mud in raptor as well so I need to do something also. I was going to make it to the next round of WORCS at Honeylake but I have another race in the way:( lol

QuadJunkies
05-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Hetrick300
Thats a major bummer!:( Ive been getting to much mud in raptor as well so I need to do something also. I was going to make it to the next round of WORCS at Honeylake but I have another race in the way:( lol

It is a bummer . We wont finishe up the season if were down a race ,that would make two so far .
What other series are you doing ? Did you race the last Worcs race ?

QuadJunkies
05-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Just got a confirm that its toast. Unless a miracle happens within two weeks were out for the season .:(
I dont even wanna tell him, hes gonna be so sad ..Just when he was having a terrific first season too . .

quadracer707
05-04-2010, 02:12 PM
What exactly is toast on it??

QuadJunkies
05-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Piston, piston kit, new cylinder and porting ect.. Cost was way over what I can afford to spit out right now .

quadracer707
05-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Piston, piston kit, new cylinder and porting ect.. Cost was way over what I can afford to spit out right now .

Did it ruin the head, that you need porting, if so you need more then that. Hope it was just the bottom end,

Ken

QuadJunkies
05-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by quadracer707
Did it ruin the head, that you need porting, if so you need more then that. Hope it was just the bottom end,

Ken
Oh I just talked to Troy to make sure and I guess its just the Cylinder and Piston, not the head .