PDA

View Full Version : 70cc ridedrs at portland 5/2

aimo007
05-02-2010, 06:31 PM
just wondering what happened today ? really hope no points were counted! since i thought we all agreed to not run just wondering ? would not be all that fair to hear 70 riders raced mini track for points after we left!!!!!!!!!!!

wileeviper
05-02-2010, 07:34 PM
There were 4 70's and that ran on the small track after the track announced that 70 could run there. It was offered after the 90's had so much trouble in their first moto on the big track. The mini track was not muddy, and it was their attempt to solve the muddy big track problems, as I understood it. Made good sense.

We were surprised you left, actually.

Speaking for ourselves, we were definitely not running on the big track with the wet conditions, but the situation changed, and the small track looked good with no mud or standing water.

You may have been gone when the announcement was made, and if so, then I understand your frustration.
Was there an agreement with the 90 folks? 90's would be pretty quick to be on that mini track.

kimv
05-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah they announced it after the whole 90 meeting and at that time the sun came out and the mini track looked good, no mud. So yeah we ran. Not a good turnout for us unfortunately since the dang thing broke again!

Did you guys leave right after the 90 meeting? or before? I know the next race will be double pts for 90s only, I think June 20th at Portland.

aimo007
05-03-2010, 10:30 AM
We didn't leave until 15-20 minutes after the 90 meeting, there was no separate announcement, but we assumed the same thing was happening for both classes considering they always practice and race at the same time. We weren't the only ones who left and lost out on points, I have contacted Luke and Dave Woodbury, I still don't think points should count, we were told big track or nothing, no reason to stick around after that, it's not like we didn't show up, we were there, we paid to get in and wanted to race, we just knew the track conditions were not appropriate for the machines, we race big track, not mini, it's not safe!! We're fighting for double points weekend for 70's as well as 90's Father's Day weekend! Hope all agree!

quadscrib
05-03-2010, 03:12 PM
I do know and I even asked Andrew during the meeting if in any of it pertained to 70's and he answered "NO". Im not sure where else to go with it. All the 90 parents and you were there when I asked.
There was only 1 70 signed up....Oliver noone else when this took place. Or at least on my list that I was given for running the mini track. I sure dont want you to feel cheated but my kid and the others who raced worked real hard for where they ended up. I TOTALLY understand how you feel but I personally would have 100% confirmed what was up before I left.

aimo007
05-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Luke Adams emailed to me and let me know that no points were awarded for 70 or 90 class, that it will be a double point weekend Father's Day weekend in Portland, he said some parents asked if their kids could race on the mini track for fun and he agreed but no points were awarded.

kimv
05-03-2010, 06:14 PM
I wonder why they never called the 70 parents to the meeting with the 90 parents? That just did not make sense to me.

Well now let's just hope this crappy weather on just the weekends thing stops before June 19th and 20th!! Wish it was sooner, the boys love going to Portland! See you all then!

DAVYS DAD
05-03-2010, 07:08 PM
to clear up any confusion I talked to Luke and this is what he said,The 70 -90 motos on sunday were canceled due to track conditions and will be made up at the next portland race on saturday 6-19-10(there is no double points race)and we will race for points also on 6-20-10.I was told that there were no(D-14 ATV CHAMPIONSHIP) points given to any 70-90 rider that raced sunday.The only points scored on the little track were 50 limited 50 production and 90 limited.Anyone that has any questions can call me 517-819-5345(Dave) or contact Luke at tungsten996@aol.com.

Dont forget that the 70-90 race on 5-02-10 will be made up on 6-19-10.THERE IS ON DOUBLE POINTS RACE.

LATER
DW

quadscrib
05-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Well not what I thought but that's all good. Sure was a cool race either way and I'm all good w a double header weekend for em!
This is better for all.Though I miss the points I prefer a fair competition.
Davys Dad thanx for doing the research.

DAVYS DAD
05-03-2010, 08:02 PM
No problem,I dont think the MINI TRACK should be a option since we fought so hard to get on the BIG TRACK,1 race on the MINI Track and next thing you know they will want to keep us there,Im sure none of us want that!!

Thanks for the KTM ride its bad *** and got me wanting one but the BOSS would kill me .I may get my old 400EX back and run a few if my BOYZ dont give me a hard time for not hitting the JUMPS PINNED LOL.

later
DW

mkeane
05-03-2010, 08:09 PM
i would be yelling at you. i was dissapointed that i didnt get to watch miller race so we could be yelling at him to pin it and quit following lol

aimo007
05-03-2010, 08:16 PM
I surely wasnt there when anything was said about 70s .You and ollie were on little track when i approached meeting. I didnt even know that the meeting was 4 90 parents I thought that the meeting was 4 mini quad parents on big track I would not have been against runnig 70 on little track I was not cool with 90 but i asked the lady at sign up 4 diffrent times what would happen and i was told that they had to run big track in mud I knew mini wouldnt make it because I couldnt even walk it. should have been called alot sooner or let us run in the afternoon didnt drive all that way not to race anyways didnt mean to argue. WATCH IT POUR RAIN ON FATHERS DAY AND WE WILL ALL BE RIGHT BACK ON MINI TRACK ANYWAY

wileeviper
05-03-2010, 08:23 PM
That's cool. That is not at all what was announced. We were not invited to the 70 meeting. We were NEVER told that it was practice. If that is the case, then why did I pay an entry fee and why did my son go pick up his trophy, which I will be sure to return.
So this is fine. It was great practice for them, but I hope the individual who felt like such a victim and felt so cheated never needs a thing from me. Every time things don't work out for us, I am told "THATS RACIN" and have been fine with that. I will continue with that attitude.

DAVYS DAD
05-03-2010, 09:06 PM
If it does rain and you guys race the little track your nuts,why would you do that I thought EVERYONE was agianst racing on the little track or at least we were last year!! settle for less and that is what WE WILL GET.All you guys should think about it before to much BS gets started and were STUCK ON THE MINI TRACK.Please dont take this wrong I just dont want to let the tracks think its OK to run 70's on THE LITTLE TRACK for any reason. You guys really dont want to race the little tracks DO YOU??

later
DW

srxmiller
05-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by mkeane
i would be yelling at you. i was dissapointed that i didnt get to watch miller race so we could be yelling at him to pin it and quit following lol I see were off and runnin for a new year, your either sayin I am coastin when I race, or I am yelling at my boy when he rides. Either way I dont care. Just to be clear we will be racing the rest of these races no matter what the weather so get your snorkels ready. ITs ON.

wileeviper
05-04-2010, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by DAVYS DAD
If it does rain and you guys race the little track your nuts,why would you do that I thought EVERYONE was agianst racing on the little track or at least we were last year!! settle for less and that is what WE WILL GET.All you guys should think about it before to much BS gets started and were STUCK ON THE MINI TRACK.Please dont take this wrong I just dont want to let the tracks think its OK to run 70's on THE LITTLE TRACK for any reason. You guys really dont want to race the little tracks DO YOU??

later
DW Of course we don't WANT to run the mini track. You know that. I also completely understand it is important to hold strong to our big track requests, however conditions are not always perfect, and this was obviously an attempt to push through and have a race. Its not like there were 10 quads running, and it was one possible solution. Apparently the wrong solution. We were going with the flow and the circumstances at the time. That is all. I hope it is understood that it is probably more aggravating to have raced and not gotten points for it, as to have NOT raced and not gotten points.

quadscrib
05-04-2010, 05:13 AM
Lets all be friends....w/ snorkels lol.
Its a bummer from every angle. YES we want the big track but YES we want to race at every chance possible even if that includes compromise. I guess we just didnt have it figured like we thought.
Lets all quit fighting and go w/ it I suppose....thats racin lol.
We have the rest of the season to play it out.
This is for our kids...not us (mostly). Aimo's KIDS were the first ones I thought of when this came up yesterday and really thats what matters.
Mother nature is the one for us to be pissed at not each other.
I am bummed and have not told MY kid yet but again...thats racin.
I will make the point again that at one point Ollie was the only 70 signed up and he WAS going to ride one way or another....at least on the list I had at the time. Aimo I hope yer not thinkin that people conspired after you left. Too far to go and too much $$ spent to just drive home...for me and mine anyways.
None of you have ever screwed me or done me wrong that Im aware of. THE MORE THE MERRIER!!! Thats racin.
Im putting a turbo on Ollies quad (borrowing it from Violets loaner quad lol) so we'll see ya guys next time...I cant wait!

aimo007
05-04-2010, 06:42 AM
You weren't called to practice or the meeting because you weren't signed up, we race on the big track not the mini, the only one signed up was Oliver, so if you want to get technical he should be the only one to receive points. A win without competition is just a ride. I don't enjoy the race as much when it's just two racers, I like competition and welcome it. I never want anyone to be excluded from a race when they're there ready and willing to race, we drove out there and paid to get in the same as you the only difference is once we were told we had to give our decision before practice started that should have been it, you made the same decision not to ride and told us you were not racing, there should have been no other options, again we ride the big track, not the mini. As to your comment about never needing anything from you, the only thing we've ever asked of you is if our son could play with yours, if you don't want him to that's fine, I just think it's unfortunate that the 90's can all agree on something that's beneficial for the WHOLE group but the 70's seem to be out for themselves. By the way this is Aimo's wife, not Aimo. I don't feel that there was a conspiracy after we left, I just don't think there should have been other options after we left, knowing we were there wanting to race, and we were not the only ones waiting to race and then left before this decision was made to ride on the mini track, I'm just the only one posting about it, there were other complaints! It's not more aggravating to race and not get points, your kid still rode, got a trophy and was recognized, I thought this was supposed to be fun for the kids. Why would you give his trophy back, he still raced just like a normal Saturday race, it just doesn't count as State Points. We drove all the way there and wasted money then there was a race we weren't even given the option of racing in, everyone knew we were there, when it was noticed that a couple of racers that were there already left the only option should have been to do two state races Fathers Day Weekend, not let's race now without everyone here that was here, it's not like we didn't show up at all, that would be a different story.

srxmiller
05-04-2010, 06:48 AM
Well stated Scrib. I think to do this right the only one that should be able to get a rain check should be Ollie, he was the only one entered. I am cool with that, any one else good with it?

kimv
05-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Yeah like scrib said, mother nature is the one to blame, and she sure is being a ***** this race season so far! LOL!!
I have no idea how the mini track for the 70s even came up. The only reason why we went out on the mini track is because we thought it was for pts, we werent just gonna sit there and let someone take them when we are already behind. But now I wish we would have known it was not for pts cause there is no way we would have went out there. Oh well too late now. But I totally agree with the pts not counting, I have no problem with that. Now that I seen the 70s on the mini track, there is no way that we would go back to that. It was more like follow the leader, no good place to pass and Portland is one of the better mini tracks. The 70s are way too fast for that.
So ok now that Ollie was the only one signed up to run that morning, are you saying he should be the only one to run Saturday, June 19th? If thats the case someone better figure that one out too, cause we wont show up that Saturday then. Im not wasting more $ than we have to. Same with the 90s, are they only going to let the ones that were signed up that morning ride on the 19th? What a mess!!

quadscrib
05-04-2010, 08:10 AM
No I dont think Ollie should have ANY advantage over anyone. My only point was at least on the list I had he was the only one on it. Racin is racin and points are points so we were gonna try and brave it....then the mini track deal came up.
I was very excited to to see Ollie pass Wyatt untill I realized that his quad broke...then it wasnt as cool. And though racing (in motorsports) is driver/rider and machine durability and skill but I like the racer-racer competition not winning or advancing cause someone elses machine failed...though thats racin (lol).
As far as the Scribner family is concerned we only want 100% legit finishes and NEVER, EVER like to advance due to the misfortune of others.
As far (again) as Ollie being signed up my only point was we were gonna brave it and then the mini track option came up. I dont meen anything else by that. I just signed up real early thats all.
And yes Mrs.Aimo I only like to actually race someone as opposed to a defalt win but we were willing to take the risk sunday and at that time it seemed that noone else was. Oliver had a terrible day saturday and we were not going home without trying. That was a decision we made and well again ...thats racin.
I didnt like mud bogging my KTM either but that was the risk I took over others who didnt and now that its done and over it was MY gain...thats racin.
Im a conservative not a liberal lol.... I only want what I earn. lol.

kimv
05-04-2010, 08:20 AM
I didnt mean nothing by that scrib, I just wondered what the heck they were gonna do about the kids that signed up that morning vs. the ones that show up on June 19th? This pry makes no sense(: Did the ones that signed up get their $ back, or a voucher to race on the 19th?
We have the worst luck when it comes to Wyatts quad and its always on the last lap! I feel terrible for him. When we got back to the trailer after the mini track race, he was just sitting on the ground, wouldnt talk to anyone. Joel hasnt really taken it totally apart yet to figure out what it is this time. We just have crap for luck. But yeah thats racing, it just sucks.

quadscrib
05-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Kim I didnt think you meant anything by that. :)

wileeviper
05-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Yes, Wyatt does have the worst of luck. I couldn't believe it when I saw his quad slow down. Actually, at that moment I was recalling the previous year, at the same place on the track, and Wyatt having trouble. Only difference this time, I did not see Joel's hat go flying. (maybe he wasn't wearing one) You guys are bound to have the bugs worked out at this point I hope. :)

kimv
05-04-2010, 09:15 AM
ok good(: I just know that sometimes writing doesnt come off as it seems, ya know! By the way got some good pics of the kids, Ill post them sometime this week.

kimv
05-04-2010, 09:19 AM
ahh, yes the hat throwing, I recall that well!!! And yes it was in the same place! ughh! maybe that mini track is cursed for Wyatt! That big track better bring him better luck!

aimo007
05-04-2010, 10:42 AM
SCRIB WROTE: And yes Mrs.Aimo I only like to actually race someone as opposed to a defalt win but we were willing to take the risk sunday and at that time it seemed that noone else was.

Scrib, the comment I made wasn't about Ollie, sorry if you took it that way, I was talking about the other racer who wasn't going to and didn't sign up in time for the big track and is still complaining about that the mini track race not being for points and then told us not to ask them for anything. Ollie was signed up fair and square, I commend you guys.

wileeviper
05-04-2010, 11:13 AM
O.K. Aimo, I seriously do not want to fight about this crap. I just don't think you looked at it from our perspective. We were NOT going to run on that big track. When the circumstances changed, and they announced that 70's would run on the small track, we of course wanted to run. I am very sorry that you were not there. We even asked about your whereabouts.
You would be upset too, if you thought you were running for points, as did the other 70s that ran, and your kid won, then the folks who left complained and the points were pulled. Any parent would be. Honestly. If you knew there were to be no points awarded, then I understand why you left. We did not know there were no points. Its a bit of a let down. I know you guys have experienced a tough day where your kid pulls through at the end. Its great for them, to see that working hard pays off. Which is probably why I will find some way to NOT tell him about the points deal. I am sorry that I came off so harsh. When I said don't expect anything from us, I mean no agreements to run or not to run with any other track conditions. We have just given up one good race for this season. From now on we all have to run, no matter the weather situations.

aimo007
05-04-2010, 11:37 AM
This is not Aimo, this is his wife! Luke said it was for all mini quads, then we left! We didn't email him complaining, we just simply asked if we were correct about no points being awarded for mini quads and asked him to let us know, he said yes we were correct that some parents wanted to race the mini track because they had nothing else to do, if he would have said we were wrong, that would have been the end of it and would have had to suck it up, but he didn't. It wasn't because someone complained, it's what was said at the race, maybe it wasn't clarified to everyone, but that was our understanding. Here is his email:

With the rain and the big track not raceable for mini quads and the little track to small for 70 and 90 quads the mini race was canceled. Yes the next series race date at Portland will be the points day. Both Saturday and Sunday will pay points. No there were no points at all this weekend. After the program started a couple of parents asked if they could have a fun race on the little track so there kids could ride because they had nothing else to do. They did ride but for no pionts and still had to sign up.
I now have a back up plan for if this ever happens agian. If by some chance is rains again that bad at Portland all the sand gets better so I have an alt. track layout possible to race the mini quads if necessary.
So you are correct. The decisoin made involved all mini quads on the big track regardless or motor size. No pionts were given out, and both saturday and sunday will pay points towards the michigan state atv championship series at the next event at Portland.
Any other question please feel free to ask

Luke Adams
ATV MX Chairman

We weren't the ones mistaken. And we are the last ones to ever hurt any other racer, we were told something at the race, then told something else once we got home, you also would have said something if you were in our shoes, try telling your kid that everyone raced without him after he left.

#404's Dad
05-04-2010, 12:02 PM
I thought we had a D14 Specific Forum on here for this stuff?

quadscrib
05-04-2010, 12:16 PM
I was bout to mention same thing..lol

kimv
05-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah this should have been posted on the d14 thread, is there anyway to get this moved?

DAVYS DAD
05-04-2010, 01:26 PM
To late to move it now,and I think other folks are having fun reading it:devil:.Im glad you guys are over the STRESS of this race and ready to move on.Let this be as good a season as it can and lets get back to RACING. sORRY FOR ALL THE CONFUSION.

LOVE YOU ALL;)
Later
DW

kimv
05-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Yeah I think youre right dave(: HA! mini quad drama!!

wileeviper
05-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Aimo's wife, sorry. I wasn't sure who I was typing to. We were all misinformed, not that we didn't try to figure it out.
Lukes email clarifies the situation. I see why you inquired about the points, too bad those of us at the track didn't know it. All this for nothing. I apologize.

DAVYS DAD
05-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Wileeviper,YOU ROCK!!!;) We should have just raced the last 2 motos of the day PROBLEM SOLVED MY 2 cents.

Later
DW

Sutfin
05-04-2010, 07:45 PM
There was a question about who would be eligible to run for points on the 19th at Portland. My understanding is that ANY mini quad that shows up. So, if more than the 8 - 90s who were signed up for Sundays event show up on the 19th, they will be out there racing for the same points.

The 90s who were signed up and did not race or practice later on the small track all get a voucher to cover the sign up on the race on Saturday, the 19th. they will have a list at sign up.

I'm assuming it will be the same way for the 70s now. Any and all 70s who show up to race get championship points.

Sutfin
05-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Wileeviper,YOU ROCK!!!;) We should have just raced the last 2 motos of the day PROBLEM SOLVED MY 2 cents.

Later
DW

agreed on the last 2 motos. Other than a couple of bad corners it looked pretty good.

magna-007
05-06-2010, 06:43 AM
No problem,I dont think the MINI TRACK should be a option since we fought so hard to get on the BIG TRACK,1 race on the MINI Track and next thing you know they will want to keep us there,Im sure none of us want that!!

Thanks for the KTM ride its bad *** and got me wanting one but the BOSS would kill me .I may get my old 400EX back and run a few if my BOYZ dont give me a hard time for not hitting the JUMPS PINNED LOL.

later
DW

You could run a utility with me...:) I could hardly keep up with Brandy. LOL
A class rider in disguise....

magna-007
05-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Wow guys!!! Been out for a few days.
What the heck happened here. Sounds like you all got it straightened out, i hope.

My only question then....is what about the 90 Stock class ? My son tried to practice on the big track, thinking he was ready for the big track. Was going to try and run 90 Production. He is still just to intimidated by the big track. So we decided at the "90 Big Track Meeting" to go ahead and run 90 stock instead. The way i understood it.........after the meeting, was that all "Big Track Minis" would run for double points at the next race. Any races on the "mini track" were still runnin for points. Thats what i went away from the meeting with.
Either way, no big deal. My son wont care and neither do I. Its just not that big a deal to us. He was happy to ride. Hes new on this quad yet and those kids on those 70s ROCK!!! All of them.

Hinesite, i should have kept lookin for a 70 for him. He just turned 8 in Dec. I figure after talkin with him, we are probably gonna stick with 90 Stock the rest of the year.
Hope there are others that will be runnin the class. Its no fun runnin alone. I speak from my own experience with that.

Thats why Dave needs to get a utility and run with me......:)

I hear there were 3 other utilities that ran sunday afternoon. We were just beat to death, so i decided not to run that afternoon. Bumms me out too. Would have been a good time.

Next time though.

DAVYS DAD
05-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Margaret said quad racing 4 me is OUT:eek: she says its not a good idea;) she thinks that :) I:cool: will try to impress the boyz can you believe that?LOL Im glad she thinks its a bad idea:blah:
magna-007 give me a call if your not to busy 517 819 5345

Later
DW

wileeviper
05-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Magna-007, yes you would have had fun with the other utility guys on Sunday. I raced with the C riders and Schoolboys, which was also pretty fun. See you guys at the next one :D

magna-007
05-06-2010, 11:18 PM
DW i will give ua call in the mornin. Kinda late tonight. Im jst up....god only knows why. lol I have to remind myself at every race....iam not a teenager anymore and broken bones dont heal as fast these days. Been there done that a few years ago. But man its a lotta fun. Really bummed i didnt stay and ride sunday. We were just all wipped tired. Not sure i coulda kept up with the minis at that point. :) Sucks racin alone...Andrew did his best to talk me into stayin too. I should have. Who did they run utilities with? You wouldnt get TOO radical on a utility DW....but endoing one ends with a LOT of force. Did that at LogRd if anyone happens to remeber that foolish stunt of mine. Wife gave me hell for that for days.lol

wileeviper
05-07-2010, 08:51 AM
They did one gate drop for C riders and schoolboy, and a second for just the utilities.

magna-007
05-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Dang, bumms me out i didnt stay and ride.:(