PDA

View Full Version : Stock Shock Upside Down???

sparrino
05-02-2010, 05:44 PM
My boy blew the stock shock up, so i just got a replacement (stock) for now, but i installed it upside down, which is actually rightside up in my eyes. The preload adjuster is on the top, but my 7 year old told me it is supposed to be on the bottom. Does it matter???

fearlessfred
05-02-2010, 05:56 PM
dont know what kinda shock u are working on ,but if it is asealed unit with no means of preasurizing it is directional and i believe the shaft goe up (this is an edit,)

TeamNeilson
05-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Because of fitment issues, i've put shocks in upside down on my big bikes.

The person who works on my shocks never seemed to have an issue with it provided the mounts line up and there is no binding throughout the length of travel of the shock.

A picture might help and I can forward it to my shock person to see if he has any concerns, if that helps

fearlessfred
05-03-2010, 10:44 AM
if the shock is a sealed unit,meaning that there is no rezzy and no place to presurize the shock,that tells u that the oil and air are not seperated by a bladder or sealed piston, therefor you wouldnt want to run it the wrong way ,because the valving would be running in oil and air. the type of shock that im am talking about cant be seviced. the other type can be ran upside down