PDA

View Full Version : aluminum cfm 400ex airbox????

Iliketogofast
05-02-2010, 01:39 PM
i saw the cfm aluminum airbox for 400ex's and now i want one so i was wondering if it will fit in my z? i like the idea of not having the battery conected to my plastic, i understand that id have to cut my plastic but will if fit between my frame rails cause i can make mounts as well, if anyone has any info pls lmk know thanks

sd1
05-02-2010, 10:38 PM
i've seen the mod done before but imo its not worth the effort unless your going to run a huge carb and the 400ex airboot also....some people who have done the mod have had issues with clearances from the shock and brake caliper..but it can be done

Iliketogofast
05-05-2010, 03:58 PM
is there anyone on here that may have pics of this being done big im already runnin an fcr and i run the ex boot also, i made a prototype airbox thats gigantic and it still clears lol ive already cut out my plastic and everything

sd1
05-05-2010, 05:09 PM
If i ever run across some again I will post them..but if I recall this person who did it put a lot of work into it......might want to just fab uo a box on your own and use your old air and battery box for a rough size and outlay.......also take a look at the cfm airboxes which run a 400ex filter and just extend off that design.....

4wheels1004
05-06-2010, 01:28 PM
yeah right now im running a 400ex boot with a power lid. but i have a stock air box and a k&n filter i bought for my Z i would like to go with a bigger filter but my air box wouldnt allow it. i ride woods almost all the time and at points there gets to be a lot of mud puddles and i come out dripping wet so i figured i need an air box what do you guys think?

sd1
05-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by 4wheels1004
yeah right now im running a 400ex boot with a power lid. but i have a stock air box and a k&n filter i bought for my Z i would like to go with a bigger filter but my air box wouldnt allow it. i ride woods almost all the time and at points there gets to be a lot of mud puddles and i come out dripping wet so i figured i need an air box what do you guys think?
well honestly a k&n filter isnt the best for mud and wet riding but it helps if you put an outerwear on it at least....but if your looking to run a larger air filter..CFM makes a nice aluminum airbox that allows you to run a 400ex air filter and also uses the stock 400ex airboot ..and they make a nice cover for it also....really nice package I have run a couple of them....and really helps if you were ever to go to a larger carb....its a good investment..my 2 cents