PDA

View Full Version : pro-pegs or standard nerfs?

11-27-2001, 05:22 PM
well im gettin new nerfs soon and i want to know which is better and why. are the pro-pegs really worth the extra $70 or so bucks? i know the pro-pegs bend up like a wing kinda but wouldnt that make it harder to do no-footers and stuff cuz your foot might hit the bar? i just dont want to spend the extra cash for almost no reason. what are the major differences between the two nerfs? im for sure gettin AC's so where can i get em for the best price? any other useful info about these nerfs would also be appreciated. later

keep it real :devil

Clay
11-27-2001, 05:58 PM
The pro-peg mount much more securely to the frame. The standards bolt to the peg. YOu have to drill holes in the peg to mount them. I would definatlely go for the pro-peg. They are worth it. And the bend is ever so slight, you can throw all the tricks you want with no problem.

kabd69667
11-27-2001, 06:05 PM
The pro pegs in my opinion looks better too. I wish i would have saved my money and gotten them instead of standard. They are deffinetly worth the extra money

Taco
11-27-2001, 06:41 PM
Marcums has the best price i have found on the Pro Pegs

11-28-2001, 08:49 PM
I would definetely go with the pro pegs, i got them on my 400 and they ruuulllleeee. They dont get in your way at all, actually they are awesome cuz you can lean into turns a lot better and powerslide like a maniac.

peaaaccceee

moto93
11-29-2001, 08:45 AM
The old style Pro-pegs for a '86-'87 250R fit ALMOST perfect on a 400EX. All you have to do is drill a hole in the aluminum motor mount and make a spacer on each side for the front mount. I have these on mine and they work great! Another plus with the Pro-pegs is that they're easy off/on.

cbrown400ex
11-29-2001, 09:46 AM
I recently bought a set of propegs. I had the same debate as you are having. I really like the propegs. In my opinion the look and function better than the standard nerf. The peg moves your foot back and down an inch I think. Anyway it makes it easier to shift. That is the feature that sold me on the propegs. As far as the mounting goes, I think that they are about the same. The propeg slides over a steel peg mounted to the frame. The stock peg is steel. So I don't think you gain munch from the propeg mount. They install fairly easy. If yo don't put the heel guard on there is basicly no drilling required. Except to secure the aluminum peg that slides onto the steel one. Also the propegs looked bigger to me, I have never seen the standard nerfs in person. I liked having more room for srew-ups. I tried to order them from marcums but he was out. The second best price I found was at atvaddiction (ebay but you can get them cheaper if you buy direct)for about $185 to your door. Hope this helps. CJ

oynot400
11-29-2001, 08:06 PM
I really like the wider pegs the best. They seem more stable feel better then stock. I can't hardly ride on standard pegs anymore.

400MXer
11-30-2001, 02:21 PM
Pro Pegs are the only way to go, durable and they look great. Also, the Pro Pegs, peg grips way better than the stock foot peg.

Mine didn't move my foot down though. I think you put your mount on upside down. If you don't like where your shifter is,,,adjust it.

If you buy standard, you are gonna wish you bought pro pegs. Almost everyone does.

11-30-2001, 02:31 PM
propegs make ya jump higher too..:D they did fer me..;)

cbrown400ex
11-30-2001, 02:38 PM
400MXer now that you mention it I don't think my peg moved my foot mount much if any. At first I had the the steel peg on upside down(bolts were above the peg). It didn't look right to me ,seemed kind of low, so I swithced it(the bolts are below the steel foot peg). This made since after I looked at the brake(right) side with the spacer for the brake shift lever. I have no regrets for choosing the propegs over the standard. CJ

12-01-2001, 12:00 PM
Rico.... youre a crazy one. I dont get mine much over 5 foot off the ground.
being in traction for 3 mos. , a body cast for another 3 mos. and then learning to walk again for a few more mos. has made me appreciate the ground now.

Tommy 17
12-01-2001, 12:10 PM
haha kb same here but i just shattered my leg and stuff.... i don't mind jumpin but i know what pain feel like now.... i still am gonna freak the next time i am in a holeshot i dunno if i will back out or not yet...

Poncho
12-01-2001, 04:31 PM
Get the pro pegs they look awesome!:D

DEAL
12-02-2001, 09:07 AM
Rico, You better hope they make you land softer too lol

Red Rooster
12-02-2001, 12:53 PM
^Read the last line in his signature^. Very true. LOL