PDA

View Full Version : Questions on building

LapTraffic
01-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Ive been lurking and doing searches on this subject for a bit now and I was wondering if I could ask a few questions.

Building a YZ or CRF powered quad looks very cool.

Is anyone going with KTM 520 or 525's or larger powerplants? Are 450's prefered due to racing restrictions on cc's?

What kind of horsepower does a CRF or YZ 450 make?

I have a cannondale now, how do these powerplants compare?

What kind of curb weight are these quads? I imagine without a starter and battery they save several pounds, are they around the 350 mark or heavier?

Thanks, I really appreciate your time.

1badcrf
01-29-2003, 09:47 PM
hey lap i was on my way to building a dale but dont know what happened with them ... I am fastdale440 over there but will no longer be posting due to them going under:( I am going to build a crf450 for the season... baldwin motorsports sells the engine and makes an exhaust, you just neeed a frame and other componets to make it go....

LapTraffic
01-29-2003, 09:52 PM
Heya Fastdale!

I tell ya, after riding a Cannondale, there is no way in he!! I will buy a production quad from a company unless it is the shiznit.

Not into mediocrity. The CRF or YZF in an Arens frame looks like a pretty good combo, I just know nothing about it, Bike weight, horsepower to the rear wheel, 'feel'

I mean, does it rip or what? :)

I'll bad all this nonsense talk if Cdale rebounds, but if not, Im buildin my own :)

1badcrf
01-30-2003, 10:20 AM
Well th pros run them for some reason i guess tim farr dana creech.. And it looks like dana is off to a good start this year