PDA

View Full Version : Tether Kill switch installation...

NMills
05-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Quick question... i searched the forum for a kill switch install... Saw that it said to hook into the black wire with the yellow ground leading to the coil... and to make sure that this is not going to cause any problems... was this a safe thing to do???

clemsonteg
05-01-2010, 08:24 PM
its what i did and it works great but i did mine at the cdi which is under the hood on my 06. still the yellow and black wire though.

honda400ex2003
05-01-2010, 09:00 PM
that is the correct wire to use. it is only about 2" long and has the quick disconnect right by the coil. did you use the one that is in the stickies? steve

NMills
05-01-2010, 09:03 PM
I dunno.... I just searched for the installation.... found one... told me the wire was at the coil... it was black with a yellow stripe... so i hooked it up and it worked... just wanted a bit of reassurance on it... don't wanna blow up my ride....

honda400ex2003
05-01-2010, 09:12 PM
you will be good to go. i wrote the how to. lol. I just installed my monster coil today actually. i have to get some ngk plugs to try to see if it actually helps it out. I had ngk ones in but bought some auto lite ones to chop today instead of spending the money to buy more ngks after i used all of the ones i had last week. lol. I figured for 2 dollars it would be cheaper to cut them up instead of using good ngk ones. steve