PDA

View Full Version : How do you get rid of love handles ?

QuadJunkies
05-01-2010, 06:35 PM
My Daughter is on a mission to lose her love handles she packed on this winter (shes gonna kill me for posting this :o :p ) and is on a change in her diet, but needs to find a good excersise to help??
I am clueless ,all I know is that this is a very tough spot to lose and it would take me years to lose mine .:p :( lol

This is about the only spot she has a single ounce of fat, but shes grown out of some of her gear and clothes.

Winter was a long one !! :blah:

k4f5x0r
05-01-2010, 06:48 PM
:p

Personally the only efficient way i have ever been able to lose weight in any area, is by running every day, long distances some days, track workout's other days. Learned this from cross country in the fall. Got me into the greatest shape i've ever been in, lost weight and still ate everything in sight.. plus some!

416exfreak
05-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Hang from a bar like your doing pull ups, but instead raise your knees to your chest while twisting to one side. Do as many sets of 10-15 twists per side as you can and youll see a difference QUICK!

EDIT: like this..
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ACTKTdvWsB4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ACTKTdvWsB4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

quadracer707
05-01-2010, 07:25 PM
I have 2 girls & 2 boys. They girls always went thru this stage, unfortunately sometimes mother nature isnt kind. All my girls went thru this & it was gone in a short period of time. I bet it isnt as bad as you think. Seems most girls had this but guys dont like a twig either.

Ken

QuadJunkies
05-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Hang from a bar like your doing pull ups, but instead raise your knees to your chest while twisting to one side. Do as many sets of 10-15 twists per side as you can and youll see a difference QUICK!

I dont have a bar at my house .;)

quadracer707
05-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

I do OHHHHHHHHHHH Wrong bar, I got lots of love handles:D

416exfreak
05-01-2010, 07:28 PM

Then just wedge a piece of pipe between 2 trees and bam! You're in business.;)

QuadJunkies
05-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by quadracer707
I have 2 girls & 2 boys. They girls always went thru this stage, unfortunately sometimes mother nature isnt kind. All my girls went thru this & it was gone in a short period of time. I bet it isnt as bad as you think. Seems most girls had this but guys dont like a twig either.

Ken

She didnt have it until she indulged over the winter .:p
Shes really small for the most part, but this trouble area is causing troubles fitting in her clothes. Its bothering her this time, most of the time she doesnt care but her body did change kinda sudden this winter and shes not growing anymore .

QuadJunkies
05-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Then just wedge a piece of pipe between 2 trees and bam! You're in business.;)
I dont have two trees either,only one and it gets full of bees . LOL .:p ;)

05-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Interesting concept to say the least, might try it myself...

http://www.everyotherdaydiet.com/video3.php

631kfx400
05-01-2010, 07:51 PM
can you say,extreme love handle loss!

416exfreak
05-01-2010, 07:52 PM

Good lord..

Well she can always just do good 'ole fashioned situps..

Twist to one side or the other everytime she comes up, and that"ll work her obliques along with the rest of her core. Should pull her stomach up pretty quick.

The main thing is to make sure she doesnt start starving herself. If her metabolism cuts itself back to compensate for a lower caloric intake, then when she starts eating normally again, she"ll gain the weight back immediately.

Pappy
05-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Find her some horn-dawg boy who is just a step behind her....let him chase it off her:devil:

honda250xrider
05-01-2010, 08:01 PM
I would recommend p90x ab workout. 3x a week with that and before she knows it the love handles will be gone. the exercise is fairly short only 15-16min and goes by very quick.

Yoga also is another good core exercise which will tighten her muscles all along the midsection.

NacsMXer
05-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by honda250xrider
I would recommend p90x ab workout. 3x a week with that and before she knows it the love handles will be gone. the exercise is fairly short only 15-16min and goes by very quick.

Yoga also is another good core exercise which will tighten her muscles all along the midsection.

Yeah I was just gonna say P90X, but didn't think she would want to go out and buy it just to work off some love handles. But it is a heck of a program let me tell you. I'm a little over day 60 now in it. I keep getting leaner and stronger every day. It's been tough at times not going to lie, but at the same time has been a really rewarding change in my life.

One thing i've learned is that you really can't "spot reduce" anywhere on your body. Loosing fat from a certain part of your body only happens when it's combined with loosing fat everywhere else. That's why I love this program, they have the nutrition and routines dialed. Everything goes hand in hand with quad riding too. It's really not a gimmick like you would think.

But yeah here's the Ab Ripper X routine from P90X if Kelsey would like to try it. Do it once every other day. If she can make it through all 15 minutes without taking a break I got mad respect for her lol. I know I sure didn't my first time :chinese:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KtOZDvJ1lDo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KtOZDvJ1lDo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7wpNPpAjiuM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7wpNPpAjiuM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MX MaNiAc 06
05-01-2010, 09:26 PM
What's wrong with love handles?

QuadJunkies
05-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Find her some horn-dawg boy who is just a step behind her....let him chase it off her:devil:

LOL Theres a couple but they are too slow ! :p

QuadJunkies
05-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
What's wrong with love handles?

Im starting to get used to mine ...:o

QuadJunkies
05-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Yeah I was just gonna say P90X, but didn't think she would want to go out and buy it just to work off some love handles. But it is a heck of a program let me tell you. I'm a little over day 60 now in it. I keep getting leaner and stronger every day. It's been tough at times not going to lie, but at the same time has been a really rewarding change in my life.

One thing i've learned is that you really can't "spot reduce" anywhere on your body. Loosing fat from a certain part of your body only happens when it's combined with loosing fat everywhere else. That's why I love this program, they have the nutrition and routines dialed. Everything goes hand in hand with quad riding too. It's really not a gimmick like you would think.

But yeah here's the Ab Ripper X routine from P90X if Kelsey would like to try it. Do it once every other day. If she can make it through all 15 minutes without taking a break I got mad respect for her lol. I know I sure didn't my first time :chinese:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KtOZDvJ1lDo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KtOZDvJ1lDo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7wpNPpAjiuM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7wpNPpAjiuM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks,thats a start! Ill def. show her :)

flammable
05-02-2010, 12:41 AM
love handles can be sexy

just another curve to compliment a beautiful body

05-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Don't lose them! They serve as good "handles" in a certain fun...... position..... :devil:

Pipeless416
05-02-2010, 02:00 AM
^bunch of frickin horn dogs on this site. not funny to talk about somebody's daughter like that. :rolleyes:

05-02-2010, 02:07 AM
:rolleyes: I'm sure she can take the joke. ;) My girl's handles sure have kept me from fallin' off a few times. :devil:

honda350r
05-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
^bunch of frickin horn dogs on this site. not funny to talk about somebody's daughter like that. :rolleyes:

Better yet what was the OP thinking posting stuff like this on the internet period? :huh

Talk about living your life though someone else's expense :confused:

QuadJunkies
05-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by honda350r
Better yet what was the OP thinking posting stuff like this on the internet period? :huh

Talk about living your life though someone else's expense :confused:

Huh? You lost me on this one

:confused:

krt400ex
05-02-2010, 11:28 AM
not gonna lie, i find it the most aggravating thing when a girl is as skinny as a rail but still thinks she needs to lose weight. "omgg i'm fat!!" idk, imo no one can be perfect, and having a super model body isnt what its all about

QuadJunkies
05-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex
not gonna lie, i find it the most aggravating thing when a girl is as skinny as a rail but still thinks she needs to lose weight. "omgg i'm fat!!" idk, imo no one can be perfect, and having a super model body isnt what its all about

I agree. However, that isnt the case here . This is about getting in shape, not being a supermodel. lol

Id be glad to trade my lady lumps any day :p

On the flip side of things , MEN are who put alot of that in girls to begin with. There is alot more pressures for females to look perfect than men -thats a proven fact.

flammable
05-02-2010, 03:34 PM
+1 on the skinny as rail girls tht say there fat, i prefer my girls with curves. if i wanted a skinny anorexic girl id date a 14 yr old boy.......

krt400ex
05-02-2010, 04:10 PM

On the flip side of things , MEN are who put alot of that in girls to begin with. There is alot more pressures for females to look perfect than men -thats a proven fact.

that is something i completely agree with. and one of the reasons i hate men lol. yea it sounds weird coming from a guy, but the thing that pisses me off like no other is how men treat women like objects. only good for sex and cooking. those men deserve to die

coryatver
05-02-2010, 04:14 PM
I agree. However, that isnt the case here . This is about getting in shape, not being a supermodel. lol

Id be glad to trade my lady lumps any day :p

I agree girls think they have to be sickly skinny.

I think it is becuase of the nasty super models that are made that way by the gay fashion guys that are jealous of beautiful women.

I would do lots of running it will help out with racing too

motofreak2772
05-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Wait if I remember correctly your daughter is very pretty. Post some pics haha jk cuz I dont believe she has a "problem"
But ab work outs and diet will take care of it.

05-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
Wait if I remember correctly your daughter is hot. Post some pics haha

wow, now thats pretty disrespectful.

motofreak2772
05-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
wow, now thats pretty disrespectful.
I was just kidding.. but I fixed it lol. But yeah I was serious about thinking she probably doesnt need it.
Plus she rides a quad right? So its not like shes unhealthy, riding once a week gives you a pretty good workout.

ZeroLogic
05-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Not goin to lie but I like love handles. You have an awful pretty girl on your hands! I think shes fine the way she is. No need to impress other guys. Shes just to young for that!:p

flammable
05-02-2010, 07:30 PM
its pretty easy to tell wich one is better looking........

QuadJunkies
05-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Not goin to lie but I like love handles. You have an awful pretty girl on your hands! I think shes fine the way she is. No need to impress other guys. Shes just to young for that!:p

Thats one thing I love about my girl is if a dude doesnt like her the way she is ,they can kiss her ***. LOL :blah:

Have you ever had to buy a wardrode for a girl ?? Im all for getting those love handles off to save my butt some dough -gears not cheap ! :p LOL

Tommy Warren
05-02-2010, 09:15 PM
WOW these last 2 pages are disrespectful and embarassing to read.....I hope you get some help for your daughter quadjunkies....there may be a few grownups left on this site with actual helpfull information.

QuadJunkies
05-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
WOW these last 2 pages are disrespectful and embarassing to read.....I hope you get some help for your daughter quadjunkies....there may be a few grownups left on this site with actual helpfull information.
Tommy, I think Im good -thanks. Now we will see if she actually tries some of them.

I could care less really(ok, maybe the pocket book does a little hehe!) .. I love my Daughter and think shes beautiful the way she is . :)

Moto49X
05-02-2010, 10:00 PM
For sure do the P90X like NacsMXer posted! Its not a scam like most workout videos. If you push yourself with the videos they will work, no doubt. I've started doing p90x videos everyday and also running a mile or two a few times a week.

05-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by flammable

OK big difference, tan and sexy lingerie vs whiter and WTF is around her belly button with a mark from laying on something or w/e lol

krt400ex
05-03-2010, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by flammable

honestly... the curves to the left are more attractive imo

krt400ex
05-03-2010, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Moto49X
For sure do the P90X like NacsMXer posted! Its not a scam like most workout videos. If you push yourself with the videos they will work, no doubt. I've started doing p90x videos everyday and also running a mile or two a few times a week.

my gf has been using p90x and it does work. the difference in the last two months since she started using it is very impressive

flammable
05-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex
honestly... the curves to the left are more attractive imo

yea. by a long shot

Quad18star
05-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Tell her to lay off the beer!!!!:p

Foods like salmon and others with Omega 3's help to fight belly fat.

I've never had a problem with love handles .... sometimes I wish i did though. :)

Pappy
05-03-2010, 09:30 AM
A hot chicks figure is alot like a road you love to drive a great handling car on.....curves is where its at!

QuadJunkies
05-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Tell her to lay off the beer!!!!:p

haha! I picture her to be more of the Rum drinker myself .:p

Quad18star
05-03-2010, 01:17 PM
haha! I picture her to be more of the Rum drinker myself .:p

Well atleast it's not tequila ... cuz you know what they say about that stuff..... :eek:

motofreak2772
05-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
Hey I still gave helpful information... (i didnt really say anything that disrespectful either)

ZeroLogic
05-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Thats one thing I love about my girl is if a dude doesnt like her the way she is ,they can kiss her ***. LOL :blah:

Have you ever had to buy a wardrode for a girl ?? Im all for getting those love handles off to save my butt some dough -gears not cheap ! :p LOL

I saw my girlfriend's closet for the first time the other day, (we have been dating for over a year, god help me) and wow. It looked like Walmart! And it didn't help when she said oh that isn't all of them. :ermm: No wonder why cloths are expensive!

We got into an argument the other night, she says why do you have to have so many guns you don't need them! I said why do you have so many shoes, you don't need them!

Jake250ex
05-03-2010, 03:29 PM
for one, tell her to keep them.

2, is she insists, figure is 90% genetics. If shes dedicated - cardio and diet is the only way to burn body fat.

mineralgrey01gt
05-03-2010, 03:44 PM
p90x is where its at. It can get hardcore but it works like a charm. Im about to start it again

Pipeless416
05-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
I saw my girlfriend's closet for the first time the other day, (we have been dating for over a year, god help me) and wow. It looked like Walmart! And it didn't help when she said oh that isn't all of them. :ermm: No wonder why cloths are expensive!

We got into an argument the other night, she says why do you have to have so many guns you don't need them! I said why do you have so many shoes, you don't need them!

i used to tell my ex that i'm allowed to spend as much on my quad as she does on shoes.. i couldn't afford it :blah:

QuadJunkies
05-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
for one, tell her to keep them.

2, is she insists, figure is 90% genetics. If shes dedicated - cardio and diet is the only way to burn body fat. them she must be the 10 perecnt cause she sure didn't get her figure from me. Haha !

destey
05-04-2010, 05:30 AM
p90x. best thing I ever did

Lasher
05-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Wow...a lot of really helpful replies in here :rolleyes:

I could care less about the latest workout or diet. Loosing weight is pretty simple actually, just takes hard work.

The mid section is the first to store fat and the last part to loose the fat. That is why your daughter gained the handles over the winter.

Now...

Only way to loose fat is to burn it off. Fat is basically energy (fuel) reserves...in other words, she ate more calories than she was burning, so the body stored it for future use.

So...in order to burn that fat (fuel reserves) you need to use up all the current fuel, then the body will turn to the fat. All need to to do is get your heart rate up for an extended period of time. Does not matter what type of workout it is, it is your heart rate. ( I don't know the actual numbers for heart rate, but varies by person )

I always was taught/believed that the first 30 minutes of elevated heart rate is only burning off the current fuel in your body. After that you are in the "fat" reserves.

Now if a person eats less (thinking of cutting the current fuel) that will cause problems since they will not have energy to actually work out. A person needs to eat 4-5 small meals during the day (of healthy food) and work out. The weight will drop quickly.

There is one other way that will help you loose weight. Raise your metabolism! (Mine is naturally high, so I literally cannot gain weight from eating.) This is where a lot of the short work outs get you to loose weight. When you do things (short work outs, using stairs, parking further away etc) during the day, your metabolism goes up. When that happens you body will continue to burn the fat all day long.

Again...eat smaller healthy meals, work out and make an effort to do smaller things during the day, like a short walk, using the stairs etc.

honda250xrider
05-04-2010, 03:28 PM
you are right to some extent, but you can tone your muscles and core and still be relatively the same weight. Your overlooking the simplicity nature of just losing weight, what if she does not want to lose weight but just tone up the mid section a bit?

There is more to it than simply saying burn more calories then what you consume.

I would say if anything do core exercises that will target the midsection. Doing extensive cardio will of course make you lose weight but you will also lose weight in many areas not just your mid section.

This is all relative on what goal you are trying to achieve.

Lasher
05-04-2010, 04:07 PM
You can NOT target an area of your body to loose fat.

"Tone" is different than loosing fat.

Quadjunkies asked about loosing the love handles, nothing about working on muscles or toning. Just simply to loose the fat that is causing the love handles. If she wants to talk about work out programs, to target muscle that is different.

Too many people get caught up in all the crap stuff floating around about loosing fat. Now, some of the these workouts are great for getting tone or building strength, but that is not loosing fat. That is working on muscle groups, which can be targeted.

Loosing fat is simple to understand but requires a change in lifestyle. People make it complicated looking for the easy way to do it.

(disclaimer...some people can loose easier based on genetics, but still same principal)

QuadJunkies
05-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Lasher
You can NOT target an area of your body to loose fat.

"Tone" is different than loosing fat.

Quadjunkies asked about loosing the love handles, nothing about working on muscles or toning. Just simply to loose the fat that is causing the love handles. If she wants to talk about work out programs, to target muscle that is different.

Too many people get caught up in all the crap stuff floating around about loosing fat. Now, some of the these workouts are great for getting tone or building strength, but that is not loosing fat. That is working on muscle groups, which can be targeted.

Loosing fat is simple to understand but requires a change in lifestyle. People make it complicated looking for the easy way to do it.

(disclaimer...some people can loose easier based on genetics, but still same principal)

Oh I know all about not finding the easy way to lose weight.. Ive battled that my entire life . Genetics DO play a part in that too and I dont give a crap what some say ...
toning and building strength is not a bad thing for her . Shes small muscling a heavy quad ,she can always use some strength too.
I know for the last few years shes had some kind of conditioning class at school, but now that its done for the season she needed something to maybe fall back on .

400grl
05-04-2010, 06:03 PM
It's a pretty simple game of numbers.......first, don't go by weight. Weight can be deceiving.....gotta go by how the body is actually feeling/changing.

She needs to eat less than she burns on a daily basis. I try to eat a bunch of small meals throughout the day.....and I try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible (breads, pasta, anything that is packaged or canned).

My staples are steelcut oatmeal (only in the morning), non-fat cottage cheese, chicken, fish, lots of fresh veggies, some fruit (gotta be careful there), and egg white omelettes (my favorite - add mushrooms and bell peppers and salsa - YUM!). I also only drink water......I don't drink fruit juice, milk, or iced tea or any type of soda or gatorade. Just water.....and I love it.

Working out is important......I vary between interval training and steady workouts.....try to get in 45 - 60 min of cardio a day along with about 20 min of strength training......this is what's going to get rid of those little love-handles. The cardio and the eating well.......she's young, so she will probably see effects of watching her food intake and doing cardio a lot quicker than you or I would! :)

Hope she doesn't get too carried away - she's still just a pup!! :)

QuadJunkies
05-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
It's a pretty simple game of numbers.......first, don't go by weight. Weight can be deceiving.....gotta go by how the body is actually feeling/changing.

She needs to eat less than she burns on a daily basis. I try to eat a bunch of small meals throughout the day.....and I try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible (breads, pasta, anything that is packaged or canned).

My staples are steelcut oatmeal (only in the morning), non-fat cottage cheese, chicken, fish, lots of fresh veggies, some fruit (gotta be careful there), and egg white omelettes (my favorite - add mushrooms and bell peppers and salsa - YUM!). I also only drink water......I don't drink fruit juice, milk, or iced tea or any type of soda or gatorade. Just water.....and I love it.

Working out is important......I vary between interval training and steady workouts.....try to get in 45 - 60 min of cardio a day along with about 20 min of strength training......this is what's going to get rid of those little love-handles. The cardio and the eating well.......she's young, so she will probably see effects of watching her food intake and doing cardio a lot quicker than you or I would! :)

Hope she doesn't get too carried away - she's still just a pup!! :)

WELP.. shes screwed... haha!
Shes a typical kid -likes her snacks. lol
And until recently never had an issue with weight. She still doesnt really. Shes about 112 lbs is my guess maybe 115 .ID give to be as small as she is ! She likes to workout, shes been doing that for a long time now ,and not having that at school anymore just got me thinking of maybe some suggestions for her this summer .
Thanks girl!

Lasher
05-04-2010, 08:44 PM
I was not saying to not do any strength training. But as 440grl said, eat right and cardio and in no time the love handles will be gone.

As for strength, everything starts with the core and will play a big part in handling the quad.

400grl
05-05-2010, 09:29 AM
My daughter is 15 now, and going through the same thing right now.....her metabolism is about at that point where she's no longer growing like a weed, but she's hungry a lot (hormones) and is very concerned about her weight. I think picking up a little weight at this age is normal, and it's going to level out again over the next couple of years.......all of my daughter's friends seem to be going through the same thing, so....I told my daughter she's fine, but if she wants to start working out and watching what she eats, I'll help her. So far she hasn't cared enough to take me up on the offer! :)

Lasher
05-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
So far she hasn't cared enough to take me up on the offer! :)

Biggest issue with teenagers! :)

blackraptor16
05-06-2010, 02:25 PM
I didn't read every response but I do the www.eatcleandiet.com - and bust *** at the gym 6 days a week. Every body is different. But most importantly what you PUT IN IT is what you are going to get out of it. You can work out like a crazy person but eat crap and you still will be fluffy - if that makes sense. Diet is #1 followed by a supplement of working out.

destey
05-13-2010, 05:44 PM
I'd go with a 40:30:30 diet, ratio of protein:carb:fat. Make sure most of the protein is whey, as its the best (BV, how protein is rated, is near 100). For just a maintenance diet you might want 50-75g protein per day. If you're building you might want 100-200g.

Carbs is broken down into pre workout, post workout. Post workout you want a combo of long lasting carbs and high glycemic foods, foods that get your insulin levels up. Before workout you mostly want long lasting carbs.

Fats are important as well. Check out these links

omega-3 fatty acids (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid#The_n.E2.88.926_to_n.E2.88.923_ratio)
Canola oil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canola#Health_benefits)

Whats important is your ratio of omega-6 to omega-3. Modern diets have wayy to much omega--6. Try and consume foods like salmon and canola oil that have high omega-3 contents. The reason is your body produces inflammatory agents if there's too much omega-6. You can significantly notice a difference if this gets out of whack

Quad18star
05-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Tell her to keep the love handles ..... I won't tell you why though ...;) :devil:

QuadJunkies
05-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Tell her to keep the love handles ..... I won't tell you why though ...;) :devil:

:eek: