PDA

View Full Version : Dade city mx

BLU82
05-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Anyone on here ever race at dade city mx. I'm planning on racing the saturday night quad series they have going and have some questions. I'm defiantly going to race, I'm just looking for some general info that the site isn't really giving me. how many laps, sign ups etc. See you there next saturday

motofreak2772
05-02-2010, 04:54 PM
I race there.
Heres what you need to know...
The owner is a douche. Follow all the rules or you will get kicked out. No pit riding and no hitting the gate.
The track kinda sucks but everyone races here because of the competition. You will most likely have a full gate every night. Also the sponsorcup class(pro am pretty much) is awesome they get pay out, hole shot awards and everything, every weekend.
Speaking of that what class are you racing? I race Amature(which is like A+B) and there is also Novice(C).
Some info the track itself:
turn downs are a must and so are killswitches(they wont let you ride without either of these)
usually 45 second lap times with 5 laps a race(sponsor cup does like 8 or 10)
The holeshot is key here, its usually really short with a tight corner but since the laps are so short it is impossible to pass everyone if you get a bad start.
First gate pick is randomized(except sponsorcup which goes by laptime) and the second gate goes by moto 1 finish.
They just brought in clay, which is awesome cuz before you couldnt pass and there were train tracks everywhere.
There are a lot of jumps but they are all easy to clear. They hardly ever put in a difficult double.
Oh yeah and they change the track every week. You usually run the track backwards the next week then after that they change it up.
They have pretty good flagging and medical staff on the track and there is a hospital close by too.
This is probably one of the best run tracks you will ever ride even though the track isnt that great and they have a pretty nice facility.
Have fun there are a lot of people there, latley there has been a lot of drama but I try to stay out of that. Stop by I race a white honda #27. (damn this is a giant post haha but yeahh thats everything you want and dont want to know)

BLU82
05-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks! And yeah that about covered it all! haha. I was racing B back in new england so I'm signing up for amateur. Been almost 11 months since my last race due to injury so we'll see how it goes. Bad news about the holeshot part, cause I'll most likely be way down on power, but I'll make due. And one last question, I know I need a membership correct? And is that something I can get right at the track? And yeah I'll have to find you say whats up. I'll be on a Red/green/white kawi #425. I'll be hard to miss haha

motofreak2772
05-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah you need it, and you can get it there. The track is pretty easy so you should do fine. As far as power Ive seen people on stock bikes get the holeshot. Sometimes you dont even shift up a gear... jk but you probably could.
Have you looked at any of the videos? I think I am in a couple.. I look like a goon everytime they film me though.

BLU82
05-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Sounds good man! And I've watched a couple. Didn't really see you, but I wasn't really looking before either haha. I'll have to take another look