PDA

View Full Version : Frame Chain rollers

TT450RVET
05-01-2010, 01:15 PM
purchased 2 frame rollers prior to season and have ran 2 races with his DRR. 2 MX races and both are broken. One came apart in the first race (actually the first moto) and was guaged and other snapped off in the second race right inside motor and mount. Both installed properly according to maker. For rear set up we with use a LT Elka shock and a JB swingarm and an aftermarket axle. I have the atv set up to be level front to rear when he is riding it. He is hitting some doubles, woops etc and using almost all the rear suspension like he should. Riding no different that anyone else I have seen. I do set up the atv to sit low so it will corner better etc. where he feels comfortable and the shock the stopper does not show wear as it would if he was bottoming out continously so I know I should be fine with the rear set up. There is some very minor wear but that will happen over time if rear is set up to use all the suspension as Iwas taught. Now the bottom of the frame does have rub marks from the chain and that is why I purchased these rollers, which as I read in earlier posts was a good cure for this concern. Any suggestion on something else to use or I have seen suggestion to use rear motor lowering kits, but wanted to also make sure with those it did not offset the balance of the motor as the front would be sitting somewhat higher than stock with the rear with use of lowering kit sitting lower. Not really sure if that would even be a concern. We also did purchase front mounts to raise the front of the motor so we where able to install a PCS exhaust system in order to get it to clear and unsure if this made the problem even worse. Any suggestions on a fix? Thanks to anyone whom can help.

Logan #34's Dad
05-03-2010, 04:17 AM
The DC lowering kit is your cure. We lost the final moto yesterday because of a chain. DC showed me the kit on Harness's quad and it IS the ticket.