PDA

View Full Version : carb

kenny450er
05-01-2010, 01:03 PM
was riding today an it died im not getting any fuel pulled fuel line from carb and turn valve and have fuel just wondering were to look for dirt when i pull carb off tomarro any help would be great THANKS

fastredrider44
05-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Sounds like the float is stuck and or the jets. First off, make sure the float and needle move freely.

kenny450er
05-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by kenny450er
was riding today an it died im not getting any fuel pulled fuel line from carb and turn valve and have fuel just wondering were to look for dirt when i pull carb off tomarro any help would be great THANKS ok puled the carb off today and made sure float an needle moved freely and jets all clear has spark comprestion and valve clearance is good alittle on the loose side only by .003 run awsome before it died come out off the corner hit the throtle it boged poped and died hasent strarted since trys to start but wont. could really use some info from you guys thanks.

DnB_racing
05-02-2010, 10:58 PM
try spraying a LITTLE fuel or starting fluid in air cleaner while starting that will answer your question if carb is problem.If it starts for a second then you missed something in carb, If it doesn't start look at valve clearance again and make it right.Is this an R or ER if er hows starter clutch mine was bad and it didnt give me any indication that it was bad was slipping just enough not to start even sounded normal was just worn past spec they can give different symptoms

kenny450er
05-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
try spraying a LITTLE fuel or starting fluid in air cleaner while starting that will answer your question if carb is problem.If it starts for a second then you missed something in carb, If it doesn't start look at valve clearance again and make it right.Is this an R or ER if er hows starter clutch mine was bad and it didnt give me any indication that it was bad was slipping just enough not to start even sounded normal was just worn past spec they can give different symptoms its a 450er must have missed something in the carb took it to work with me today tore it apart spayed it it out with carb cleaner an blew it out with air hose put it back on after work fired right up thanks for your reply every bit of info helps reading present and past fourms and asking questions from time to time theres not to much that you can't figure out how to do thanks for the help