PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Wheels "Wide"

wild250rman
04-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Did anyone read it yet? if they are going to bash Honda at least get the wheel specs correct and why not bash Kawasaki the kfx 450 is not moto-x width from the factory either. I understand their point but don't make the trx 450r sound like it is unworthy of a-arms and an axle.

Butter
04-30-2010, 07:42 PM
In case you didn't notice, they ALWAYS bash the TRX450R in the mags. Even going back to when it was just Yamaha vs. Honda. They will always bash it. Who cares, lol. You wait to hear about everything wrong with the new one, whenever it comes out.

04-30-2010, 07:53 PM
people still read that ****ty magazine?

mx Eli
04-30-2010, 08:30 PM
dude that mag is the best qua mag out there quad was good to bad they went out of bussiness

wild250rman
05-01-2010, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Butter
In case you didn't notice, they ALWAYS bash the TRX450R in the mags. Even going back to when it was just Yamaha vs. Honda. They will always bash it. Who cares, lol. You wait to hear about everything wrong with the new one, whenever it comes out.
Ever since they said something good about the 250r (atv of the century), they have dedicated there time trying to make honda look bad for some reason, it's like I scratched your back now you scratch mine! The article was about widening your atv, not if the 450r is worth buying. The more they bash Honda the longer it will take to sell of current models and it will be that much longer before we see the new 450,250,250r or what ever it will be. because everyone who is considering a Honda will put faith in that mag., and steer clear of it, if it is only 10 people they reach per article it all soon adds up. Why did they not do the test on one of the Chinese models they keep bragging up? It all goes back to money if Honda or who ever does not give them what they want they will go out of there way to down them and hurt there sales. Is Honda not buying into there mag., and others are?Does anyone have the number of 450r Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki etc., sold in the last few years. It is an ongoing issue and it needs stopped some how!

hondaracer_34
05-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Dirt Wheels is a Yamaha based magazine in my opinion.

Butter
05-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Think you may think that magazine really affects what bike people buy. I truely don't believe Honda will suffer from what they right. Yeah a few beginners or morons will read into that, and steer away, but die hards, or even the people who take the time to research online will realize what each bike offers, and if they should buy Honda, Kawi, etc. Local dealers play a bigger role than that mag. Let them say what they want. In a sense ya can't blame them. If Yamaha is pumping money into the mag., then of course they will brag the hell out of them. Goes for any brand. Not saying thats the case, or its right, but its whatever. Not going to change anything, so not worth getting upset over.

Baileygunns
05-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Let them bash it... It keeps the prices down.

wild250rman
05-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the replies just getting a feel for how the 450 community feels about there quads! Yes I do read it and have for 20 plus years and will continue to just as everyone else.

D Bergstrom
05-02-2010, 04:54 PM
So I went and reread the article again. How are they bashing Honda? I read the part where they would not recomend it for a "budget" mx build due to the narrow width, but I would not call that "bashing". I would agree with them. If I wanted to build a mx quad on the cheap, I would start with something that was already wider and save the money I would spend on arms and axle for other mods. Some of you guys sure are sensative! haha

I do thing it is funny how everyone always thinks Dirt Wheels is biased, I think some of you guys need to look in a mirror. Everyone has a opinion and that is exactly what the writers are stating, their opinion. Just because you do not agree with their opinion, doesn't mean that person is biased, the two of you just do not agree. Happens all the time, why should a magazine article be any different then real life?

Doug

fastredrider44
05-03-2010, 10:12 AM
There was one particular sentence that said to steer clear of the Honda for a "wide" bike. Didn't say anything about a budget build. I'll have to look again, but I'd have to say when my subscription runs out, I'm not sure if I will re-up it. I like looking at the pictures and letters, but that's about it anymore. They might have two tech articles a year that I will read.

TWILES
05-05-2010, 08:34 PM
You guys who think Dirt Wheels is Pro Yamaha are nuts. The ONLY time I've seen them brag on Yamaha over Honda was when they beat Honda with the YFZ's. They even put the old Pro-Trax Banshee as the baddest MX ATV ever and would cuss it on the next page. IMO Honda blew it with the 450R. I bought a 04 new and it was OK but nothing to brag about. Maybe they will get it right with the next one. The width of the Hondas ist the problem. I thought mine handled pretty good and I liked the 06+ models better in that department. Thats about the only + from what I saw. $10,000 fixes the rest. The YFZ's didn't have that problem. What do you expect them to say. If you need more Honda run-downs, read about the CRF450X.

fastredrider44
05-05-2010, 10:08 PM
I've progressed enough in this sport to have my own opinions. I don't need to read an article to figure out what bike I'll be on next year. lol:devil:

05-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
I've progressed enough in this sport to have my own opinions. I don't need to read an article to figure out what bike I'll be on next year. lol:devil:

So true. Old dirtwheels talking pre 450's was awesome! I still remember the day I got the turbo 400ex edition it was like WHAT!?!?! and I dropped everything to read lol It wasnt a bad mag when the TRX and YFZ were the only 450's around. Then it went to **** pretty much. QUAD was definately THE best ATV related magazine to date. High quality pictures, great layout, cool stories, product reviews, tech tips... Its a shame they arent around anymore.

OzLinc
05-06-2010, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by TWILES
You guys who think Dirt Wheels is Pro Yamaha are nuts. The ONLY time I've seen them brag on Yamaha over Honda was when they beat Honda with the YFZ's.

I'm not nuts you are delusional and naive..............Dirty Wheels is a marketing arm of YAMAHA.

Forget the biased 450 tests, ever read a utility shootout with a Yamaha in it ??????? first they write their conclusion then they test the other brands to find out what to pick on.

wild250rman
05-07-2010, 07:25 PM
The product test's and shoot out's should reflect the component, product or whatever they are testing the pro's and cons of each and let the reader decide what he/she wants or needs such as the a-arms and axle versus spacers, not if one brand of atv/utv is worthy of a product or steer clear of a specific brand of atv because it has or doesn't have. besides how many times can the same products be tested and compared. I think it should be called readers rides and product ads magazine until they come up with something new to test instead of beating a dead horse. to bad quad4 went bankrupt.

arTuReX
05-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Well, when it was time to decide wich brand i was gonna buy, magazines didn't help at all, they only confuse me, dealers wanted to sell whatever they had ovestock! what really help me is going to this forum, i quickly realyze that there was way more info on the 450r and way more parts on the classified section than any other brand and model, I couldn't be happier with the results! Thanks to everyone here!and i still read all the magazines i can, couse is fun!