PDA

View Full Version : big bore help plz before race

Wr3sTl3b0y
04-30-2010, 04:31 PM
so theirs a race sunday the only one i can race this summer cause im going outta town

new battery just put a starter in been having clickin all connections are clean and tight takes for ever to start still clicks not as often like its trying to fire then just starts clickin or makes a loud noise and stops shut it off try to start it up sounds like it may be flooding out

440 kit stage 2 hotcam new spark plug
new clutch putting new royal purple oil in it tommarow battery says charged jets are 172 main 42 pilot some blue smoke feels hotter then a ***** but cant check the temp.

may it be the celenode or my fuel air screw?

also took the lid off the air box so its getting more air

JOHNDOE83
04-30-2010, 04:35 PM
172 is to small for a 440.

clicking like from the starter? or battery area?

is the starter gear in right?

Wr3sTl3b0y
04-30-2010, 04:37 PM
ya its all on where it should be the one gear is pushed back on the top and bottom both in the grooves sounds like its coming from the starting/ carb/ motor area ill check again

also the needle jet is that just the one under the main with the nut you can move back and forth ? if so i dont get how theirs notches

Wr3sTl3b0y
04-30-2010, 04:40 PM
just went out its hot right now started up in just a sec i was so surprised but the second time took a couple seconds and the third same time ... but no clicking
outta the 3 times ... im not the best with carbs but i know how to do adjustments
if i went to the 180 main i got you suggest i should jump the pilot up from the 42 i have a 45 i think and 48

any suggestions you can give i greatly appreciate

even though i feel its to loud to pass the sound test

JOHNDOE83
04-30-2010, 04:45 PM
the needle is in the top part of the carb, look inside your carb the slide that opens and closes with the throttle has the needle in it.

youll need atleast a 185 main jet, If you can jump it with the car battery and it doesnt make that noise, its your battery, if it still makes the noise when jumped, its the starter gear or starter?

Wr3sTl3b0y
04-30-2010, 04:49 PM
brand new starter and is that staying with the 42 pilot any idea turns out on the fuel air screw i member putting the 180 in not to long ago and it just choked when i stomped the throttle

right now im just thinking i need the carb fine tuned and i should be fine but that clicking may be a problem if it happens during the race

JOHNDOE83
04-30-2010, 04:50 PM
42 pilot should be fine, 180 and up should be good I have a 220 main jet, a 416ex on here used a 205 main jet.

the needle only needs to be adjusted if it hesitates or bogs in mid rpm during acceleration.

if your gonna race, jet big and ditch your airbox. the rubber intake pulls right off the airbox and the snorkel along with zip ties supports the airfilter.

Wr3sTl3b0y
04-30-2010, 04:52 PM
i took the snorkel and lid off only gonna leave the box on because its supposed to rain and thunder storm where im at sunday all day

when i put the bigger jet in it def chocked mid range to top end which way u suggest i move the needle

and what i said before under the main theirs that nut i may have messed somethin up by moving it up i think i did

also i found out your at sea level im 1000 ft above sea level

JOHNDOE83
04-30-2010, 04:59 PM
if your main jet is to big it will act like the rev limiter is kicking in to early.

I dont know for sure cause im not there looking at your bike but if its a needle adjust issue, I would say it needed to go up a notch.

Wr3sTl3b0y
04-30-2010, 05:08 PM
alright the rev limiter dont even know if i really hit it before actually bc my quad has a exhaust leak big and loud as ....

their for if i never heard it maybe i need a bigger jet

Wr3sTl3b0y
04-30-2010, 05:22 PM
dosnt matter how hard i hit it i dont hear no limiter kickin on just louuddd exhaust

Wr3sTl3b0y
05-01-2010, 08:47 AM
got the 180 in turned the fuel screw back in one turn runs like a champ but then it dies on my and cant get it fired back up unless i push it down a hill maybe getting to much gas? not enough air?

valves off ... timing off? any of these possible?