PDA

View Full Version : need more hp

lars255
04-30-2010, 03:51 PM
i have a '07 ltr450 and would like to know what mods i should do: piston, cam, pipe, etc. and what are the best brands for the ltr. right now its stock, the only thing i've done is taken the baffle out, any help would be great. thanks

honda250xrider
04-30-2010, 05:32 PM
if you havn't already done so get yourself a cherry bomb around $50 from your local dealer install that and take the airbox lid off and the baffle out of the pipe, if i remember correctly this nets about 5-7hp roughly.

I then would check to see how much more horsepower you feel you need. You can do the simple no internal modifications such as: Pipe, Fuel intake, pc3 and gain very respectable numbers and stay very reliable.

I personally used a dasa pipe on my ltr, although there are many other brands out there that do a good job.

Edit: sorry just read that you have already taken the baffle out.

lars255
04-30-2010, 06:16 PM
i need to put a new piston in. which piston is recommended and should i change anything else internally?

honda250xrider
04-30-2010, 06:51 PM
This really depends.

What is your budget? Do you want to run race gas?

For piston choice i would recommend going with ATP JE pistons. changing to a higher compression piston will require you to retune your bike so be prepared to shell out some extra money for a tuner.

atveric132
05-01-2010, 08:24 AM
yea i would go with ATP's 12:1 piston with there intake cam. PC3 with the pro-desighn foam intake. and the yosh rs-5 exhaust. with the 12:1 you could get away with running race gas and pump gas 50/50 so you wouldnt burn yourself on buying straight race gas