PDA

View Full Version : Info on upcoming race

Pappy
04-30-2010, 08:03 AM
More to follow:

C-LEIGH RACING
04-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Ok folks, heres a little heads up on the Extreme Dirt Track National race at Robin Ridge Motorsports, Burnsville NC.

Track is ready & is HUGE,, close to 1 minute lap times & a lot of this track is wider than 80 feet. Probably quite a few of you never raced on or seen a track like this, so be ready for a surprize. Whole track is built like in a valley with hill on both sides, so can be viewed from any spot standing or sitting.
View of the track from the back side up on the hill is amazing, wouldnt be surprized if some want to park up there.
Plenty of pit parking, so that is not a problem for space.

Ted is offering FRESH WELL WATER, to fill your camper or toy hauler tanks, so you can ride empty tank on the ride in if you like & fill up when you get there.

Port o john man, will be offering black tank pump out for you camper owners while at the track & will be a $20.00 dollar fee for that service from him.

Bath rooms have a shower stall, so any of you van or tent camper can take a bath if you like or anyone else for that mater.

Motels are like a 15 or 20 minute drive from track & quite a few have special rates just for the atv racers & crew.

You dont want to miss this one, you'll be sorry if you do.
Neil

schl48
04-30-2010, 10:38 AM
neil thanks for the info. everyone seems to be going a little out of the way to help out. thats all good. this is what its all about getting everyone to help and give a little. sounds fun hopefully i can make it. love that ole dixieland.

schl48
04-30-2010, 10:38 AM
neil thanks for the info. everyone seems to be going a little out of the way to help out. thats all good. this is what its all about getting everyone to help and give a little. sounds fun hopefully i can make it. love that ole dixieland.

C-LEIGH RACING
05-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by schl48

By you saying Dixieland, your not thinking the NC race is down at Dixieland Speedway, Elizabeth City NC are you.

First national EDT race, is at Robins Ridge Motorsports, Burnsville NC, just a little east of Charlotte NC.

Thanks Pappy, for starting up this thread & good to see you at the Virgina Mayhem event up at Chase City VA Saturday.
Neil

Pappy
05-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Neil, wish I could have been there alot earlier in the day! Maybe one of those events i wont have a national to cover and can spend the day drinking afew cold ones and telling lies:D

schl48
05-06-2010, 01:35 PM
na i know its at robbins ridge. still lovin that dixieland is all.

05-08-2010, 02:08 PM
So how do you watch the live results? Ive looked everywhere to watch the live results. Or does EDT have the good ole live watching???

schl48
05-09-2010, 08:17 AM
only way to get live results is going there. some people use facebook which helps alot. better than nothing.

cobra11
05-09-2010, 02:04 PM
live results, guys if you wern't there you really missed some great racing..went to all six last year don't remember seeing any racing like that...it was awesome !!!

05-09-2010, 07:56 PM
ok then how do you find out where they placed? Or do you have to be there to know that too.

Pappy
05-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Race results were posted at 4 am from a gas station parking lot

http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/extreme-dirt-track-atv-racing-2010-01-results.html

05-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Ok yea I found it lol.

bstuart
05-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the quick results. Wish I could have seen it live.

purelife 300
05-10-2010, 04:48 PM
hey pappy when are you guys gana put up the pictures they were there taking

Pappy
05-10-2010, 05:05 PM
I havent checked the homepage but I assume they should be up or will beup today

C-LEIGH RACING
05-10-2010, 05:59 PM
I was on the home page awhile ago & no pics so far.
Was a busy day for everybody, so I guess Harlan is in recovery mode trying to recooprate. I know I am & I wasnt but 3 hours away.
Pics will be interesting for sure, :p
Neil

iceracer65
05-13-2010, 07:17 PM
pics are great!!! always good coverage on the TT's.

talked to kenny he said the track would have been a riot if he coulda rode on it.

looks awesome cant imagine 50+ second lap times no wonder those NC boys are fast if they get to ride on that monster all the time:devil:

C-LEIGH RACING
05-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Hey Ice,
yea that would have been something if ol Marco still had that 500 250R & out on that big track, boy would been some 4 pokers left in his dust.

It is a big track, but not big as it was.
You see in the pics the top section over on the other side, Ted cut off & not using.
Back when the whole track was open, using that top section, 58~56 second times & been at least 6 I know of 4 pokers spit rods right out the bottom of them cases dropping off that hill.
Knott heads didnt think about changing sprockets for they wound them up.
Ask ol Jason Rush what that hill will do to one.
:cool: Neil

marsrace2
06-14-2010, 04:44 PM
arev there any pics from round 2 at Sikeston?

cobra11
06-20-2010, 11:20 AM
nopics from sikeston but will be pics from NY

racers
06-21-2010, 02:34 AM
Dundee NY Race was lame.I brought a potential Sponsor to watch the Nationals in hopes of convincing him to support us in racing the whole Extream Nationals schedule in 2011. He was not excited about the idea after the experience Where were the crowds ?No PA system in the Grandstands,?No idea who was who or what race was taking place. Number plates were several colors in same race .The racing was pretty good but,Where were the Pro riders?Admission was free, in the grandstands(so why complain) but By judging the lack of warm bodies in the stands,a little more effort is needed to help this series grow. Just getting info for the event was challenging at best.Internet or otherwise . At the race track I Couldn't find a race program or event flyers or info sheet anywhere.I finally found it on dundees website. Food was good... people pleasant... price was right on...experience was confusing but fun......................I have a few videos of the races if anyone is interested.

kc 300EX
06-21-2010, 07:19 AM
I agree with you racers. The race at Dundee was verrrry unorganized. It was kind of disappointing that it was a national. It seemed more like a local fair race. Luckily, I only drove 4 hours to make the race. I feel bad for other racers who drove 13-20 hours to come. I had a good time, but I doubt there will be another national at Dundee.

racers
06-21-2010, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't blame Dundee for the mess,(nice track and people ) I'd put the blame on Extreme and ATVA for lack of leadership, organization and preparation. They should make sure the fans are well informed .ATVA is well known for taking the money and running.

badassvforce66
06-22-2010, 05:07 AM
why don't you guys come up to Batavia Motor Speedway and try a tight TT track. Visit us at WWW.BATAVIAMOTORSPEEDWAY.COM Oval race June 26 & TT July 3. I dont think you will be disapointed here. hey racer i would like to see the video you took.

atvracer33
06-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Its not the ATVA that has anything todo with it, the riders took over,and the AMA/ATVA is just a name, the new board is in charge.So all the lack of info is the permoters/boards fault.I was hoping for a better year but it dont look like it,with the low turn out it will be hard for Exstreme Dirt track to make it wich is a shame when we have all this tallent like Riley,Creech,Coburn,and all the rest not being able to show it off at the NATIONALS.
Robby Whitehead #33

doonanracing
06-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Motocross has some of the same issues when using new venues. The MX national IN Spring Creek which was a new track also had allot of the same complaints as the New York TT race. In order for any series to grow though we must be willing to race in newer venues which could welcome new riders to the series, which to me has to be the obvious goal. Hopefully allot of the errors and mistakes which occurred can be resolved for next season. Allot of National riders do come from New York so hopefully a venue can be established in that area.

fireems519
07-18-2010, 07:15 PM
any info on pine lake coming up on the 24 25?

doonanracing
07-19-2010, 05:26 AM
here is 3 good sources for information
a facebook site here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Extreme-Dirt-Track-ATV-Racing/158717482811

the series website: http://www.edtracing.com/

for Astabula Fischers website: http://www.fischercycleracing.com/fischer_cycle_racing_new_011.htm

gnccquadracer
12-09-2010, 02:29 PM
I have not seen any info on this series, does it still exist? if so can anyone send some links?

C-LEIGH RACING
12-09-2010, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gnccquadracer
[B]I have not seen any info on this series, does it still exist? if so can anyone send some links?

Man, where have you been.
See the link above you last reply, EDTRacing .com go there.
Shucks we are getting so big, we are getting 2 strokes back in the Pro classes.
Neil

gnccquadracer
12-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Cool, I guess I can set my roll lobo 250r up for tt now. Is the missouri track still part of the series? I have not seen any new postings there.

C-LEIGH RACING
12-11-2010, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gnccquadracer
[B]Cool, I guess I can set my roll lobo 250r up for tt now. Is the missouri track still part of the series? I have not seen any new postings there.

For the 2010 season, we ran on Billy Claytons track at Sikeston MO.

2011, we'll be somewhere in MO, just not locked in a place or date yet.
Bring that Lobo out, more 250Rs we have better it will be.
Neil

schl48
12-24-2010, 07:56 AM
whats up with ncatv site? i can't get no info. thanks

C-LEIGH RACING
12-31-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by schl48
whats up with ncatv site? i can't get no info. thanks

You talking about ATVNC.Com or our Extreme Dirt Track website.

Heres a bit of info for upcoming 2011 Extreme Dirt Track (TT) season

Two stroke CC max limit, has been raised up to 306cc from the 265cc that it has been for years.
It can be stroker build or big bore cylinder, just so long as it not over 306cc max.

Pro Lite class, this is a Pro & AM class.
Lot of people didnt know that, but an A class riders can compete in Pro Lite if they choose.
Pro Lite class, is also 306cc max 2 stroke, 450cc max 4 stroke.

Hybred builds are legal in some classes as well.
Long as the class does not say "production" , a hybred build is legal.
Neil

hanker
12-31-2010, 05:43 PM
A National at Robbins Ridge again this year would be nice.:) :D

yfzttracer76
01-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by hanker

yea that was a really nice track

C-LEIGH RACING
01-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by hanker

Yes it would, but its not looking like it will be.
Neil

yfzttracer76
01-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Do you have any insight as too what the 2011 schedule is looking like oh, ny?

C-LEIGH RACING
01-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Board meeting Monday night to discuss schedule.
We have event dates set & some tracks locked into some dates, but not 100% complete.
Will post schedule some time next week & will be eight events.
Neil

hanker
01-04-2011, 07:50 AM
That's a bummer about Robbin's Ridge. But 8 races next year, that's great!!!! We're ready to go now... As soon as I get the one quad back together and another one built.lol!!!

C-LEIGH RACING
01-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Well, git them ready before April 30th & plan your route down to NC because the 2011 EDT schedule is just before being posted.

NC track location, not but like an hour from Atlantic Beach, NC & it could be warm enough by then, so come early & bring some skinny dipping cloths.
Neil

hanker
01-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Can't wait!!! Just tell us where they are and we'll be there. We are not missing any races this year.

ltz?r1?
02-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Is there any tracks near northwest Indiana to practice want to get into the sport

C-LEIGH RACING
02-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by ltz?r1?
Is there any tracks near northwest Indiana to practice want to get into the sport

Probably only thing you'll find is ice racing in that part of the country.

Guys, ya'll going to love Busco Beach TT race.
1800 acre atv riding park with several sandy beach clear blue water swimming ponds.
Check it out, http://www.buscobeach.com
Neil

ltz?r1?
02-19-2011, 12:59 PM
I do ice race here but looking for some summer fun also

hanker
03-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Here is a link to the up coming race at EDT race At Budd's Creek . http://www.buddscreek.com/component/content/article/25-race-home-page-info/21-2011-03-04-22-44-15.html

C-LEIGH RACING
03-24-2011, 08:09 AM
Lenoir County Fairgounds Asso at the Kinston NC track, realy blowing up this first kick off race of the season.
Thursday evening, will be intertainement & food for all that are on the grounds.

Dont forget, or for any that didnt know about this, theres full RV hook ups (30A electric/fresh water/sewer) just like at a camp ground for motorhomes or trailers with living quarters.
Just a NOTE, water pressure at these sites is real high, like 80 or 90 lbs, so bring a Wally Water Mate to lower the water pressure going into your unit. I didnt the first time & blew a hose apart.

FRESH WATER
I'll have a fresh water fill spot set up, for like if you want to ride down empty & then fill up at the track, so keep that in mind.

On your way in, once you get close to Kinston, check out the billboards beside the highway for addvertisment.

Neil

Ironclad MX
04-27-2011, 07:11 AM
http://www.quarternotestudio.com/billboard.jpg

Hughes#34
07-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Ashtabula's Pine Lake ATV coures in Sheffield Township is the site for the 2011 AMA Extreme Dirt Track Championship Series, the weekend of July 23 -24. This Facility will proudly host Pro, Amateur, Youth, Exhibition, and Woods riders from all across the nation to compete for points in the series, in an attempt to take home the championship trophy. Come watch the competitors race, pass, jump, and turn around the track at nearly 80 mphs, as it is sure to get your adrenaline pumping!

GENERAL ADMISSION $10.00 (kids 5 & under Free)

SATURDAY QUALIFIERS 12:00 NOON
SUNDAY FEATURES 12:00 NOON

****SPECIAL EVENT SATURDAY*****
1-Hour UTV & 1-hour ATV Harescramble
Only $20 Per Person
Local Riders are encouraged to enter and join in on the fun!
Harescramble Races Scheduled to begin after heat races (aprox. 6:30pm subject to change per owners discretion)

Stick around Saturday, after a day of exciting flat track racing and watch action packed racing throughthe tight trails of the usually unseen portion of Pine Lake. Both ATVs and UTVs will make there way through our course that will have them crossing creeks, climbing big hills, and even jumping our world famous step-up. It is a great affordable fun and exciting weekend for the whole family.

FOR MORE INFORMATION: call 440-997-4166
VISIT: www.edtracing.com/pinelake.html

DoonRider
08-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Sioux Falls, SD

400exrip
08-16-2011, 07:09 PM
If Coburn can win at SD race he might be coming close to gettin that 3rd championship.

This year it is a close battle between him and Harold though.