PDA

View Full Version : what rims are better

11-27-2001, 04:37 PM
what tire is better for a 20x11x9 maxxis razrs:devil are the douglas rims .190 aluminum or .190 aluminum itps:confused:

crday98
11-28-2001, 01:23 AM
i have never had ITP rims but i've heard from many that the douglas are stronger,higher quality,and have a nicer finish than the ITP's

Scott
11-28-2001, 06:00 AM
A rolled bead rim is stronger than either one. Neither one of the two mentioned have the rolled bead like a factory rim does.

stevengates45
11-28-2001, 02:39 PM
I reccomend ITP over every rim manufacturer

11-28-2001, 02:53 PM
personaly i think the itp .190 look better and i have the douglas .190 and they r heavy and they get dented all of the time it seems like ilm not running enough air pressuer but i have 5.5 psi in mine hope this helps:devil

RideRed04
11-28-2001, 06:07 PM
deffinately stick with the stockers unless they are dented. The stock .160 is much stronger then a normal .190. Got a friend with a ds650? I bet his rims are all beat to heck, and they are douglas .190's. If you dont go with stock, you will have no trouble selling them in the classifieds.

400MXer
11-29-2001, 09:40 PM
You can buy Douglas or ITP with a rolled edge. I personally like Douglas better. They must be good, why would every pro use them and none that i know of uses ITP.
The only rim besides douglas in the Pro's are the HyPer Carbon fiber ones that Travis Spader Uses.

Scott
11-30-2001, 06:29 AM
One of the guys I ride with has a set of the HyPer carbon fiber rims, and a second guy is waiting on his to arrive. It's impressive how tough they are AND how HyPer stands behind them. My cousin caught a metal pipe that was sticking out of the ground a few inches with the outer ring on one of the rear rims and busted the retaining ring (beadlock ring). The rim stayed sealed and held air from the next couple days until he tore it down. HyPer said he was the first to break a rear, asked him to return the ring to them, and at the same time next day air shipped a new ring and a set of gaskets to him, no charge. They claim if you can find a way to damage them in the first year you have them, they'll replace them no questions asked. And they look flat out mean. Only thing I don't like about them is the price. Practically have to sell a truck to get a set of them! Or rob a bank!

RideRed400EX
11-30-2001, 09:57 AM
Any wheels that cost 180-200 bucks should either make you ride better or be indestructable. It's just no worth spending two or three times the amount of a normal or even bead lock and reinforced wheels.

Scott
11-30-2001, 11:21 AM
The set of four weighs a total of 30 some pounds. To put that in perspective, one holeshot XCT weighs 19 pounds. They're extremely light weight rims that also happen to be almost indestructable, and have a pretty good warranty. Less weight means better power to weight ratio. And it also happens to be unsprung weight, so you should be able to feel a difference in handling.

Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

400MXer
11-30-2001, 02:10 PM
THink about it. they are about $200 for carbon fiber beadlocks that won't bend and are supposed to be undestructable. If you buy some .190 rims for $50 and go out and wreck and bend them..........you will have $200 or more into them just by replacing them.